Is there such thing as an albino chicken?

They exist but are very uncommon.

So far what I read they had been described as having poor eyesight and being "slow", probably due to poor eyesight. Chicks can be hard to raise due to poor vision(takes time for them to really learn how and what to eat and drink, can get weak and die before they finally do) and possibly other related & not visibly apparent problems.

I have never seen a albino chicken. We had a albino hummingbird this year at the feeders. I never got a picture of it, the little guy was to fast
lol.png

I have just had a batch of 27 eggs hatch in the incubator... 6 of them are albino!! Yes, SIX! It apears that a couple may only be 'incomplete albinos' but the others show no sign of pigment at all. Lighting is shocking but it was after dark that I realised just how many there was! I will take them out to the grass for a photoshoot tomorrow
smile.png

Last edited:
I have just had a batch of 27 eggs hatch in the incubator... 6 of them are albino!! Yes, SIX! It apears that a couple may only be 'incomplete albinos' but the others show no sign of pigment at all. Lighting is shocking but it was after dark that I realised just how many there was! I will take them out to the grass for a photoshoot tomorrow
smile.png

Thats awesome, what breed are they?

Back
Top Bottom