Incubator lost power for 5 hours. Whats the likely outcome

jalal75

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 18, 2012
Advice anyone please. During the night We had power out for 5 hrs. The temp was 12 celcius. The eggs were 7 days in incubation. Should I continue and see how they come or is it futile ???

This happened to me before but during the day so I kept them warm near the stove.

Thanks. I'll continue with fingers crossed.
fl.gif

They should be fine. Another member here got her incubator turned off (accidentally) for 24 hours and the chicks hatched out fine. They may be a bit late though, so don't worry if they don't start hatching bang on time on day 21. Good luck!

My power was also out last night for some undetermined length of time, and the temp had cooled in the incubator. Plugged it into the generator and got the temp back up. I don't think it will affect my hatch at all.

I had it happen to me too. I lost power on the coldest night a couple of years ago and was 2 weeks into incubation. I still had a good hatch. Now I have a Jump Starter Powerpack and an inverter. I have lost power since and as soon as I discovered it I hooked the incubator up.

I had chicks in these boxes during an outage and used power pack with an inverter to power 2 15 watt bulbs in the boxes to keep the chicks warm.

It happened to me also last night 120 Jumbo Brown quail eggs set the night before. Temp got down to 86 in 3 hours power was off. Guess I'll keep them in and try. This is the first batch with this batch of breeders, so will not have anything to compare it to.
I'll let everyone know the end result in a couple weeks.

It happened to me also last night 120 Jumbo Brown quail eggs set the night before. Temp got down to 86 in 3 hours power was off. Guess I'll keep them in and try. This is the first batch with this batch of breeders, so will not have anything to compare it to.
I'll let everyone know the end result in a couple weeks.

Keep the faith. Most often they may start hatching a day or two late, but don't give up. I don't know much about quail though.

We lost Power last night it is still off temp in incubator is down to 61 deg f. we put in two candles to raise the temp glad to see that the hatch is not a total write off. Hope power comes back on soon.

Back
Top Bottom