Power Outage - How long will the eggs survive...

indianaducks

Songster
Feb 4, 2021
Crazy wind here yesterday. Power was out for about 1.5 hours at first, so wrapped a towel around NR 360 incubator which kept the temp in the low 90s so figured eggs probably fine. Went to bed and at some point another power outage for closer to 5 hours, no towel this time because middle of night. Temp was down to low 60s inside incubator (separate thermometer) when power came back on. So much cooler for much longer. Eggs had been in the incubator for 6 days and 11/16 had lovely veining/development. Do they stand a chance? I'll leave them in for a few days, but do I need to resign myself to the fact they are probably toast? Or is there a chance they might be ok? I can start collecting eggs again if its likely they are all going to be goners.

checking answers before posting a new thread. I just got home from being gone all day and found that our power had been out. The incubator temp was at 80 for how long? I do not know for sure. I know that it was on and at the correct temp at 11am . it is now 9:30pm We just arrived home. Will the eggs be ok? and still hatch? I am so bummed I feel like I have to babysit the place 24/7

checking answers before posting a new thread. I just got home from being gone all day and found that our power had been out. The incubator temp was at 80 for how long? I do not know for sure. I know that it was on and at the correct temp at 11am . it is now 9:30pm We just arrived home. Will the eggs be ok? and still hatch? I am so bummed I feel like I have to babysit the place 24/7
They should be fine depending on what day it is but 80 isn’t to bad and the op had theirs drop into the low 60s and they all still hatched I would leave them in and just check on them in 2-3 days see if they are still developing. Keep us updated please.

Back
Top Bottom