I'm so old I Remember when:

Uber? Metro? Taxi?

Your elderly mother is struck by a car when she was crossing the street and is not going to survive. You need to get to the hospital to be there for her last moments. You go outside and just... wait?

A bookcase fell over onto your beloved family pet. He has broken bones. He needs to get to a vet hospital immediately. You just stand on the street with his broken body and... wait? Wait for a taxi or Uber which doesn't want a bunch of blood in their vehicle? Carry his broken body up and down stairs to the metro while he cries out in pain?

I guess this is an unpopular opinion but I just do not understand this mindset at all.

Not many options if you don't have a vehicle. Space in NYC is at a premium. There are no parking spaces, or no dependable ones, and space in a parking garage is very expensive. Do you know what people pay for living space, and how long they wait to get it? That's why people don't have cars.

Yes, I've lived in those kinds of cities. Those are some of the reasons I don't live in them anymore.

We would LOVE to pay a local kid to weedwack our yard. We don't have a lawn (we're in the desert), just dirt. Crazy weeds spring up after a rain and grow to about 3-4' tall. Then they immediately die, leaving us with yards that are full of dead, stickery, tall brown weeds that need to go!

I guess kids don't do that kind of thing anymore. When did kids stop needing pocket money? Do parents just pay for everything now?
You can borrow my goat....course she'll eat everything wood before she eats your weeds. For that matter, she'll eat the shirt off your back and the hair off your head before she eats the weeds! But give her enough time and she'll get around to weed eating 😂

I think there's someone local who rents out goats to eat down weeds in a yard! 🐐 They fence off anywhere you don't want them to go. It's expensive. I think they're mostly used in vacant lots. Seems like a good way to get rid of weeds! It's environmentally friendly, no weed killer chemicals, no burning which is popular around here but can quickly get out of hand.

Back
Top Bottom