I'm so old I Remember when:

We do that on walks. My whole family is rather unmindful of our surroundings while walking (not good, I know!) but since I have gone for the most walks, and am just more alert I guess, I’m always yelling “car!” Unfortunately I’ve got a lower voice and apparently no one can hear me :rolleyes:.

I don’t know who they are…
Okay. Based on the old 'Gilligan's Island' sitcom.
The two young ladies stranded on the desert island were;
Ginger, an aspiring actress and glamor-pus and
Mary Ann, the girl next door.
1713701880825.png
1713701965989.png

(Hint, most guys wanted little to do with the self absorbed Ginger but had a crush on Mary Ann. If you just wanted to end the debate and drink your beer in peace you could say you liked Mrs. Howell.)

Okay. Based on the old 'Gilligan's Island' sitcom.
The two young ladies stranded on the desert island were;
Ginger, an aspiring actress and glamor-pus and
Mary Ann, the girl next door.
View attachment 3807412 View attachment 3807415
(Hint, most guys wanted little to do with the self absorbed Ginger but had a crush on Mary Ann. If you just wanted to end the debate and drink your beer in peace you could say you liked Mrs. Howell.)
Got it, thanks!

I can't even imagine. What if there's an emergency? They wait for a bus?
Makes for big problems during hurricane season too. Until I worked in a big city it didn't occur to me how many people didn't have a vehicle. Some have scooters or bicycles. That's thier life they stay within riding distance. Everything is right there where they live.

I can't even imagine. What if there's an emergency? They wait for a bus?
Emergency, like where you'd need an ambulance? 🤔
Big cities have them. 👍

They also have plenty of taxis and ride shares (uber/lyft/etc) for when, say your wife went into labor but you were across town and needed to meet her at the birthing center. 🤷‍♂️ But honestly, speaking only from personal experience, in NYC it's usually faster to take the subway - even between boroughs. LA, Houston, Dallas, Indianapolis - not so much. Last time I was in Chicago it was a toss up between the public and private transportation but driving there? Not for me thanks.

Back
Top Bottom