HELP! !! :'( My eggs went cold, ARE THEY STILL ALIVE??????

Thanks i took em with my phone :p

yeah i told you they always go where ever she goes!!! They never leave her alone lol.

As for the unturned egg i noticed it as i was posting the picture lol i turned it right away though :)

Thanks!! I love my bunny hes my fave, he eats chicken and beef when its in the trash lol breaking the "herbavor" rule for rabbits haha

i can't wait to see your pics tomorrow, i bet they're all cute next to each other, i saw a picture of two hens in a next box today on craigslist and it reminded me of you lol, but yes i would see how they get confused; maybe they have to start making a plan of staying with one mom for a week then the other for the next week haha, if only baby chicks were that intelligent

Well I had to separate two of the mommies with there kids, they had 5 babies and when I went to check on them, my cannibol chicken got to them before I could, I wish I knew what chicken was doing it. So I put them in a new nesting box, the bantam did NOT like it she went right back into the old box, so I grabbed her again. The Cochin mommy loved the new box, she didn't mind it at all and once the Bantam seen that the cochin wasn't having a problem with the move and that all the kids were with her, she decided OK I guess I will settle down here too.. HA HAHA. sometimes these girls can be soooo stubborn.. So two of the mommies are in the new coop with 6 nesting boxes, they COULD have there own box to take care of a chick but do they? NOOOOOO the bantam and the cochin are sharing the same box with all 3 babies. The funniest thing ever. Now in the bunny cage, I have the other two mommies.. They have 4 kids, I get to lock them up so no one can get to them. I locked up the other two mommies but some how my cannibol chicken got in.. I found one of the babies dead they/he or she peck the heck out of this little babies head. OOOO If I can get my hands on that chicken. I think I might know who it is but not for sure. That's why I was persistant with you getting your girls away from the new mommy because you just never know what the others will do....

The boys really messed up the Frizzled cochin but she's in the front and bantam is in the back baby's are underneath. This is one couple...

the Second Couple, i have to move then AGAIN, because someone killed another baby. So now they are down to two.

One baby is behind the Motted Cochin to the Left and the other baby is in front of the bantam..

Lovely pictures! You know it may not be your incubator that's shitty - it may be the digital thermometer. My husband is electronics engineer and says they're crap! You could try a mercury thermometer?

The boys really messed up the Frizzled cochin but she's in the front and bantam is in the back baby's are underneath. This is one couple...

the Second Couple, i have to move then AGAIN, because someone killed another baby. So now they are down to two.

One baby is behind the Motted Cochin to the Left and the other baby is in front of the bantam..
Could it be 1 of your broodies who is the cannibal????

I would just like to say......... I'm a chicken newbie and have done nothing but google since I got my 2 chickens. 1 went broody (just my luck) and i got a hold of some fertilized eggs. I was having a similar issue (she wasn't quite sitting on one) and freaked out lol. Google of course came up with this thread so I'd like to say thanks!! You've set my mind at ease and I am hopefully expecting 4 baby chicks next Friday! Me and the kids are so excited!!! This is a great forum and has been a wealth of information for me from the start! Don't worry about having no money my lovely, we're all in the same boat! I have 4 kids and my husband lost his job. My girls are there to give me free food (by that I mean purely eggs!) I hope your wee chicks are a success!!! I also hope mine are too lol! Thank you again :) xxx

Back
Top Bottom