HELP! ducklings beak behind yolk sac??

Hey! Sorry for not responding before, haven't been on here in a while.
Lovebug is doing well, the plug seems to have shrunk and feels a bit loose so I'm thinking it'll fall off soon.

I need some help with Newt though. So I gave her a small rat bed from when I had rats and turns out she got some of the stuffing out of it and it was everywhere, in her water, food, everywhere!
She was struggling to swallow something and I'm thinking it was the stuffing.. it's been around 2-3 days now and shes not pooping and eating as much and I'm really worried. She acts normal and fine but just doesn't poop or eat as much.
We don't have many bird vets around here, maybe just one bird vet, I'm not sure. I dunno what to do and need some advice!
Give her some grit, if she doesnt already have some. You really dont want that stuff getting stuck in her system and causing a block.
What kind of material was it?

Since the website is being pretty laggy I'm responding to this thread instead of making a new one! ^^
Here are some updated pictures of Lovebug, hes around 6 weeks old now! Hes also very mean, very very nippy! He'll bite you and grab on and swing his head back and forth and leave marks, it hurts lol.
1666500847949.png
1666500862303.png
1666500877423.png

Turns out he has angel wing too! Sigh.. I'm assuming hes a male? I'm not sure if snowy calls (hes a snowy) are like mallards and grow female-colored feathers and then molt into males if they are a male, I'm assuming not.
I'm assuming he is a male because 1. hes pretty quiet but he is still 6 weeks old and 2. his chest and head are pretty dark and male snowys have dark chests and dark heads. Was hoping for a female but I'm fine with it! Just hope hes not aggressive towards Newt.

Since the website is being pretty laggy I'm responding to this thread instead of making a new one! ^^
Here are some updated pictures of Lovebug, hes around 6 weeks old now! Hes also very mean, very very nippy! He'll bite you and grab on and swing his head back and forth and leave marks, it hurts lol.
View attachment 3300013 View attachment 3300015 View attachment 3300016
Turns out he has angel wing too! Sigh.. I'm assuming hes a male? I'm not sure if snowy calls (hes a snowy) are like mallards and grow female-colored feathers and then molt into males if they are a male, I'm assuming not.
I'm assuming he is a male because 1. hes pretty quiet but he is still 6 weeks old and 2. his chest and head are pretty dark and male snowys have dark chests and dark heads. Was hoping for a female but I'm fine with it! Just hope hes not aggressive towards Newt.
what a cute baby!!
Have you tried wrapping his wing to correct the angel wing?

Spright was a very bitey baby, too. She would tug on my skin etc, constantly biting and pinching. She meant no harm, just hormones starting to come in, and she got too excited. I corrected the behaviour by looesly holding her bill in my hand (so that she could easily pull her head away and leave, but couldnt bite me. Dont grip his beak, be gentle and just make your hand into a loose loop around his beak)
And I'd say "gentle" very slowly and deeply, and eventually she actually did start to learn. If she was too bitey, I did this, and she stopped right after. She doesn't bite anymore, now shes all grown up.
You could also nudge him away gently if its too much biting.

what a cute baby!!
Have you tried wrapping his wing to correct the angel wing?

Spright was a very bitey baby, too. She would tug on my skin etc, constantly biting and pinching. She meant no harm, just hormones starting to come in, and she got too excited. I corrected the behaviour by looesly holding her bill in my hand (so that she could easily pull her head away and leave, but couldnt bite me. Dont grip his beak, be gentle and just make your hand into a loose loop around his beak)
And I'd say "gentle" very slowly and deeply, and eventually she actually did start to learn. If she was too bitey, I did this, and she stopped right after. She doesn't bite anymore, now shes all grown up.
You could also nudge him away gently if its too much biting.
We just noticed his angel wing about two-three days ago! We have gotten the materials to wrap his wing today though so yes we'll be wrapping it!

And thank you for the advice! I'll definitely be trying it on Lovebug, he always seems to attack my face lol.

View attachment 3300013 View attachment 3300015 View attachment 3300016
Oh my gosh - I think I'm in love!!! What a cutie!!!
:love

We just noticed his angel wing about two-three days ago! We have gotten the materials to wrap his wing today though so yes we'll be wrapping it!

And thank you for the advice! I'll definitely be trying it on Lovebug, he always seems to attack my face lol.
I had a HECK of a time keeping my Call duck's wing wrapped. I ended up cutting the ankle part of a sick and using that. Worked like a charm! I highly recommend it if you have a feisty little duckling there.

20220824_210501.jpg

Back
Top Bottom