Help! Bowed leg turkey

Chick starter doesn't have enough of the vitamins and minerals that poults need, like niacin, so I suggest you get some 27-30% protein *starter* that is labeled for turkeys or gamebirds.

then start researching "slipped tendon", perosis, and niacin deficiencies in turkeys. Did you see the picures here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/peachick-with-slipped-tendon.1092979/page-2#post-16817050
Yes, the pictures looked very nice, unfortunately our vet isnt open till Monday. We bought some food that is high in niacin and just gave it to them

Is it high in protein too? It's not just niacin they need, they also need more thiamine. If you can take it to a vet on Monday, just do you best to keep him quiet and mak sure you keep him on something soft, like a towel.

Is it high in protein too? It's not just niacin they need, they also need more thiamine. If you can take it to a vet on Monday, just do you best to keep him quiet and mak sure you keep him on something soft, like a towel.
Yes, the liver has protein in it, too. I brought him and his friend inside and they are in a carrier with bedding inside and I mixed the liver with their feed. They started to eat it once they settled in.

Hi guys! Anyone able to take a look and tell me what you guys think about my poults' leg...

Attachments

• Snapchat-1149877431.jpg
    Snapchat-1149877431.jpg
    700.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Snapchat-426786923.jpg
    Snapchat-426786923.jpg
    616 KB · Views: 5
  • Snapchat-1702210495.jpg
    Snapchat-1702210495.jpg
    650.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Snapchat-116685951.jpg
    Snapchat-116685951.jpg
    680.8 KB · Views: 5
Hi guys! Anyone able to take a look and tell me what you guys think about my poults' leg...
What are you feeding? Most leg problems in turkey poults is from a deficiency. Getting them on the correct ration that is fresh may help.

Back
Top Bottom