Guineas and neighbors?

OUr neighbor must keep his in the-almost-sound-proof building until he feels everyone is up which if he really does do that is very considerate. I don't start hearing them really until evening and sometimes into the night but at night they're quieter. Sometimes they wander onto my property, and you may think it's cruel but i don't want OTHER birds that aren't my own on my property so they are chased off. I joke and say I'm going to eat one of his guineas one of these days
lau.gif
(they don't come on our property that much). LOL We are about a half an acre away from eachother on the left side of our front yard his property is on the other side of the road, so im sure if they wander on our property they also wander on all the other neighbors properties. For some reason it's entertaining when I see them on teh power lines wobbing back and forth in the breeze.

If you're neighbors arent grumps and it really is a country type-farm setting they will grow to listen out for them...I know I do!
smile.png

ETA: the neighbors kidd goat is MUCH more annoying than his guineas....that insessant "you shouldn't have only bought one baby goooat" cry LOL.

Then again the neighbors almost a town away with a over 20 some dogs on a property the size of my bird area (not huge) is the most annoying. Coonhounds, beagles, great pyres, boxers, and toy breeds... Barking 24/7 now THAT's annoying... and cruel IMO....od thing is I have yet to see puppies, so I don't know if they just breed and then throw the mom off to the seller to care for or what... but it's suffice to say they have to breed they have way too many dogs in teh same breeds...
idunno.gif

waht im getting at is im sure theres somethign MORe annoying than guineas at some lucky BYCers homes lol.

Last edited:
I have had guineas for 4 years here and although it took a while to get used to the noise that they make I don't regret having them one bit. They are fun to watch and their "noise" when they aren't alarmed isn't offensive, it is really kinda sweet. When someone or something comes around that they aren't familar with they will make quite a racket but they seem to know what is and isn't "normal" so they are great "watchdogs".

DH and I would like to get guineas, but I'm worried about angering the neighbors with their noise. We're outside of town in area with a few farms nearby, some woods, lakes, etc, so there is definitely a country mindset. However, on our road everyone has just a few acres so our houses are still close enough that we hear each others dogs and kids. The neighbors on one side are our friends and they'd also like guineas, but I'm worried about the other neighbors (and the rest of the street for that matter). Does anyone care to share what their neighbors thought of the guinea noise? The neighbor I'm worried about is very prim and proper and I'm not sure how he'd feel about them wandering over to his yard.
My neighbors have 9 of them and I absolutely want to go insane we are no longer friends bcz of these birds they are the worst I mean worst animal you can have !

Guineas are loud! Morning, noon & night. I have 12 guineas free roaming and we live deep in the woods, specifically it seems as my buff colored hen is the LOUDEST and really never stops unless a tastey treat is in her mouth. They loud, wild and crazy. I have a big mouth myself, and nothing better then me hooting ang hollering "HEY, YOU NINNIES" & they holler back! ..so loud. I dont have many neighbors..just one down the road and he likes birds, if they were to ever go over there..but we have plenty of space.

My neighbors have 9 of them and I absolutely want to go insane we are no longer friends bcz of these birds they are the worst I mean worst animal you can have !
Hello and welcome to BYCs! It looks like you are a new member and this is your first post. Did you join in hopes of help dealing with your neighbor’s Guinea fowl? I’m sorry to hear that they are disturbing you. They can certainly be noisy creatures - it’s a running joke just how loud they can be…

Most times, a neighbor's guineas are quaint; especially if they have a few acres to move around on. If you have chickens or other poultry you will learn to hate the guineas. They're very inconsiderate.

My neighbor has a guinea and so long as it stays over there he's mostly ok. But he likes to get up on their garage roof and screech. I have a rooster (and sometimes crowing cockerels before they're lunch) so I'm in no position to complain. But I certainly wouldn't be getting any myself. Before they clipped his wings he would come onto our property, which isn't really a problem (their hens are always here too, I have a chicken paradise apparently) but my rooster goes nuts when he is here and I worry the other neighbors will complain!

Most times, a neighbor's guineas are quaint; especially if they have a few acres to move around on. If you have chickens or other poultry you will learn to hate the guineas. They're very inconsiderate.
We have seven guinea hens, and we have 18 Acres we have a neighbor that is behind our barn. which is relatively close to our house and he is very annoyed by the noise of the guineas that come onto his property. while he is in his garden. and he has told me numerous time that he has PTSD. His Life is been put on hold because of the guineas that keep him trapped in his house. We have not figured out the solution to keep them on our property. and the whole purpose of having the guineas are to eat the bugs and ticks that are on our property which they do a great job. In hindsight if we would have known that this was going to be a major issue with our neighbor we would have never had gotten the birds. But having raised them as Keats and now guineas. I don't think it's fair that we should have to get rid of them. So in the long run we're worried that as time goes by he will probably use them as target practice. because he likes to shoot his gun on the backside of his property. which is funny because he has PTSD with birds but not with guns huh

They're pretty territorial and will yell at anything that passes by. They also like to wander. I have 16 acres and mine still tried to invade my neighbors yards and the nearby road. I ended up adding some fencing to keep them in.

Back
Top Bottom