Gold Duckwing vs Black Breasted Red

I have a question about BBR and Golden Duckwing, though it's not specifically related to this topic. I've heard that if you cross a BBR to a Silver Duckwing, you'll get a Golden Duckwing. Is that true? Any pictures or info would be appreciated as I am trying to get the hang of the ropes in gamefowl breeding, especially.
big_smile.png

Quote:
You can use either male SDW x BB Red= Golden Males and SDW females, BB red x SDW=Golden Males and BB Red females.

Your best bet is SDWxBB red, then an F1xF1. the males in teh first generation will be golden but light in color, The F2 males will be much better in color as they will have additional genes contributed from teh females that will enhance the genetic gold in the males. That is where the darker wing bow and bay come in as well as slightly darker hackle and saddle.
You will get quite a mix incuding SDW males, GDW males, SDW females, BB Red Females, The golden males will be a mixed bag as well as far as color quality, some lighter hackle, saddle, wing bow, wing bay some darker. Some will be silver in most areas and show the golden only in wing bay and bow and vice versa.

Last edited:
Quote:
You can use either male SDW x BB Red= Golden Males and SDW females, BB red x SDW=Golden Males and BB Red females.

Your best bet is SDWxBB red, then an F1xF1. the males in teh first generation will be golden but light in color, The F2 males will be much better in color as they will have additional genes contributed from teh females that will enhance the genetic gold in the males. That is where the darker wing bow and bay come in as well as slightly darker hackle and saddle.
You will get quite a mix incuding SDW males, GDW males, SDW females, BB Red Females, The golden males will be a mixed bag as well as far as color quality, some lighter hackle, saddle, wing bow, wing bay some darker. Some will be silver in most areas and show the golden only in wing bay and bow and vice versa.

Thanks for the info! I'll keep that in mind for future projects.
wink.png

What do you call a black breasted red oegb that is not red enhanced?
I would say that bbr refers to the male color of the genetic gold duckwing.
Sure, they are often bred (a little) red enhanced, but they are not genetically red = mahogany.

Back
Top Bottom