Fuzzy's Farm

Hey Fuzzy, do you have an extra porcelain roo? I have 2 pullets and no roo?
Sorry, i only have the one and he's dot-sized!!!!!!! My ee hens are small, silkie size or so, and i was thinking of using him for my rooster, but i have never seen one so small; even the tiny booted girl is casting eyes at the big roo. lol. Even she must have her doubts, lol
Isn't it AWESOME! I created the ULITMATE Silkerolle.

Go mr fluffers! I think that boy or girl this one's a keeper! :) I wonder what the super saddle translates to in silkie............. :D You made a cotton ball, ha ha!

Well, i did it today. I went to the auction, still hoping for a broody-ish girl.
Aaaanyway, so there i was with all those roosters, and i spy one that looks like a cross between a blue laced red wyendotte and a EE of some sort. Something in his eyes reminded me of my lost rooster, and i wanted him. I bid, but stopped thinking a decent person was buying him, but no it was an asian group who tied him up and stuffed him into a plastic trash sack. I went to tears and bought him, so now i have a roo i don't need. But he is pretty......... And my remaining lemon blue hen who was lonely seems to be following him everywhere. He's still a baby, no spurs yet even. Buut he built a few nests, and even after being starved all day would not eat a corndog until after the women and children ate...........
love.gif

I also sold my orp to a nice family that was wanting some at the auction, i miss her but she just didn't fit in and she was mean and lonely. So they get an egg layer, i got peace in my coop. I really hope she is happy with the new family, and bonds to one of their roosters better than she did mine.......She wasn't going to brood and i was feeling sad for her but i can't have the others too scared to drink, especially with winter coming on.
I am going to have to use the cheapo tractor supply brooder, my friend bought one ages ago for turtle eggs and never used it. (I thought of daron, but dipping the eggs would cut my hatch rate prob. by 50%, no good.)

Idk what i'm gonna do with extra roosters, but even the long walk is kinder than suffocating. :(

No camera today :( perhaps tomorrow! he has the gold hackles and saddle, like my roo did, but his beard and tail are grey, his chest blue laced red, and a red saddle pattern on back. Closest i could find for pics was for something called "khaki" color, but can't be. That's way too rare for to be at an auction........

Anyway, here' s a genetic color site that completely boggles me, but i wanna understand..............
http://www.edelras.nl/chickengenetics/mutations1.html

It appears that the color that is most similar to what i want to breed is called mauve, or platinum.

Here's some pics.......

Here's cookie compared to her momma. Notice the similarity in shortened body shape, thick neck hackles and carrying the neck "short" ( they have normal length necks but carry them hunched into their thick hackles), wide head and big noses, long butt fuzz)

New roo. Unsure about color, has a lot going on. Buuut notice the lack of black....Usually with blue there is black markings also, but now so far with this guy. Either blue laced red with gold leakage, or blue partridge? (Help?) Notice the blue red color also in the extra saddle feathers in the tail.....
He has a buttercup comb!? To think that i rescued this guy from a trash bag.........

I don't move for just any roo......... I've only ever seen one roo who's color rivaled my plucky in beauty to me, and he was similar to this guy minus the gold and cream. I like the lacing; i think that's what i need to try to encourage the lacing that i like in my hens. It's similar to a blue laced red lacing, but my hens have wildtype stippling in their feathers also, which helps a ton to blend with their surroundings. I love the sassy look in his eyes, he reminded me of my plucky. Probably be just as much trouble too...........

Back
Top Bottom