For Sale - OK - Apenzeller Spitzhauben Eggs ~ Shipping included

okcarla

Seriously Downsizing (NOT)
11 Years
Feb 12, 2008
Tuttle, Oklahoma
My spitzhauben's are laying well, so I am offering 10+ eggs for $35 which includes priority shipping to anywhere in the continental U.S. If anyone wants 2 orders in the same box .... 20+ extras ... I'll reduce the price to $55 which includes priority shipping to anywhere in the continental U.S.

6412_november_2008_027.jpg

The Appenzeller originates from Switzerland. They have small wattles and combs, so they don't have much to get frostbitten. They have a well spread tail, full hackle and fairly hard, tight plumage. On the head is a horn type comb with two small rounded spires and the unique crest points forward like the bonnets on the traditional costume bonnets worn by the ladies in the Appenzellerland region. Spitzhauben actually means pointed bonnet. They are beautiful, curious birds that are a joy to watch. Hens lay a medium/large white egg. I am continually improving my flock by eliminating birds that develop the "Polish" looking tophats so that my birds are more true to the breed with the forward pointing crests.

Last edited:
I never knew what these looked like until yesterday! I saw them in a book and thought they were nice. Yours look better than the ones I saw in the book, but...bators are full, so have to wait.

~Rebecca

You got to have SOME! I've hatched out some of her chickies and they are goreous!

May I tempt you with another pic???? Or two?
wink.png

Quote:
Thanks Robin!

My hens are doing great now ... 11 eggs today!

I will definitely be adding lots of extra eggs with any order and can probably even send 2 orders in the mail on Tuesday. If anyone wants 2 orders in the same box .... 20+ extras ... I'll reduce the price to $55 which includes priority shipping to anywhere in the continental U.S.

Much as I would like to try them I won't have any money available until Wednesday of next week. They are considered a Large Fowl breed and not a bantam breed right?

FrChuckW,

If the hens are accomodating, there will probably be eggs available for you next week if you are still interested.

Yes, they are considered a large breed fowl and are quite rare in the United States.

Quote:
Thank you!

Unfortunately, since they are so rare in the U.S. I don't think they are approved by the APA, although I do know a nice young lady named Grace, aka GracefulBantams, that showed hers at a poultry show & won a ribbon.

Quote:
Carla, yes I am still interested I can PayPal you the money on Wednesday afternoon if that's okay.

Quote:
Yes, that will be fine and I will send out fresh hatching eggs to you Thursday. I'll send you a pm with payment info.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom