Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Quote:

Hi Satay, Good to hear from you! Sounds like you have your hands full up there. I knew that it had been hot up there but 40....! Phew,glad I live in Tassie!!
Brahmas are beautiful birds,very majestic when they grow older - are they hens or both or you don't know yet? Keep cool!
roll.png
Hello - I am in Tasmania too. Do you have Guinea Fowl?

Hi Aussies! I’m a mother of 6 humans and we have a little hobby farm in Kurrajong NSW.
Current chook family count is 6 and staying that way… until I hatch a few Australorp and Coronations next spring. Our specialty talent is making them super tame and super healthy so they make great pets for backyard chicken lovers. They come when called, sit on your lap, tolerate patting etc. I thought it would be useful to connect with people who breed Sussex or want to own one. Last time I hatched a rooster, I was able to do a successful swap so that each rooster ended up in a new home as a breeding rooster! ☺️ This improves genetic diversity in both flocks and seemed the ideal situation/solution. Here’s a peek at some of my big baby chicks.

Attachments

• IMG_3250.png
    IMG_3250.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7900.jpeg
    IMG_7900.jpeg
    585.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7896.jpeg
    IMG_7896.jpeg
    910.2 KB · Views: 1
Here’s the crazy thing. The rooster I’m holding in the photo above is only 10 weeks old. 😂

Back
Top Bottom