Welp, whatever is going on is asymmetrical. I'm leaning towards she's been plucked on one side and maybe fat jiggly. Unfortunately a whole lot of health issues are happening with the family so I haven't gotten to go out and sit with my ladies. Maybe Sunday...that would be a nice mothers day present...
20240509_180305.jpg
You want to see my pantaloons? Okay...if it's for a good reason!
20240509_180212.jpg
Strutting on over to get a scritching.
20240509_180251.jpg
Mostly intact fluffies
20240509_064932.jpg
Biiig ol bald spot.

Hen-Reitta, stayed alive for me today. She understands how devastated I am about Sir Jaffar. We talked all night about getting that handsome new rooster. She’s worn out, but she’s staying alive to comfort me. This I know!
What did I ever do, to deserve such wonderful pets as mine? :old :bow
Here comes the tears 😭 :hit

I have looked everywhere for Momma Hen. No luck. I guess I just have to hope she is on a nest on the hillside. I brought out the binoculars trying to spot her with no such luck. I am trying to find a brown camouflaged hen through this though.
View attachment 3827024
I do not have to go back down grandma's tomorrow. I plan on getting up with Rosie at 6 and stake out the back yard. When she is broody she tends to come off the nest at first light. If I can spot her, I will stalk her and hope she leads me to a nest. Unless it is on the hillside. I will not climb that poison ivy infested hillside.
Oh that hen! I sure hope you find her 😟

Welp, whatever is going on is asymmetrical. I'm leaning towards she's been plucked on one side and maybe fat jiggly. Unfortunately a whole lot of health issues are happening with the family so I haven't gotten to go out and sit with my ladies. Maybe Sunday...that would be a nice mothers day present...
View attachment 3827107
You want to see my pantaloons? Okay...if it's for a good reason!
View attachment 3827106
Strutting on over to get a scritching.
View attachment 3827105
Mostly intact fluffies
View attachment 3827104
Biiig ol bald spot.
Raven has that same sort of pudgy belly going on.

Hugs from here too :hugs
You've been a great Daddy to all your chickens, that's what you've done!
I’m a failure 😞. Beethoven-Hen is gone, Canna is gone, Arizona and sunshine are gone. Everyone I have cared about is gone! Hen-Rietta stays with me for pity I guess. My heart isn’t just broken, it’s been shattered thru a paper shredder and then burned with a blowtorch!!

Back
Top Bottom