Do I need to start over with new eggs in the new incubator?

sandy sea

Crowing
16 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Rogersville MO
I used my daughter in law's incubator started on Monday night. There must be something wrong with it because the temp never got above 90% (mostly stayed at 85%)and the humidity was always too high. I bought a new incubator today ( Thursday). My question is. Should I start with new eggs or can I just move the eggs from the old incubator to the new one? What do I do?

Maybe give the old eggs a try before saying they are dead. It is probably to early to candle them now, but maybe move them to the incubator and try in a few more days to see how they look.

Maybe give the old eggs a try before saying they are dead. It is probably to early to candle them now, but maybe move them to the incubator and try in a few more days to see how they loo Also I forgot the say that the egg turner was not working. I was turning the eggs by hand. What do you still think? What day can I candle?

Sometimes you can candle them as early as 4-5 days. But that depends on shell color/pigmentation. Unless they are super dark, it should be obvious if they are alive when the eggs are a week old. I would still give them a try, unless you are limited on eggs and for some reason would need to use the new eggs now?

I meant to say as early as 3-4 days. I would go ahead and candle them while you are moving them, but don’t discard them if you don’t see anything, it is still early.

I meant to say as early as 3-4 days. I would go ahead and candle them while you are moving them, but don’t discard them if you don’t see anything, it is still early.
I moved them just now. I will try to candle them tomorrow. As you can tell this is the first time using an incubator. It is must easier to let the hens sit on them. The grand kids are coming in 3 weeks and I thought it was be nice for them to see the chicks hatch and name them. I do have ducks sitting on eggs, so maybe they will hatch around the time the grand kids are here.

I moved them just now. I will try to candle them tomorrow. As you can tell this is the first time using an incubator. It is must easier to let the hens sit on them. The grand kids are coming in 3 weeks and I thought it was be nice for them to see the chicks hatch and name them. I do have ducks sitting on eggs, so maybe they will hatch around the time the grand kids are here.
Perfect!! Kids and chicks together are adorable

Back
Top Bottom