***Crevecoeur Thread***

Added..have fun!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
To be honest, I have hatched 2 solid white ones so far this year, but they were both very weak, and died in their first week, realy stinks, I was looking forward to seeing what they would turn out like. Gone keep trying though!

Quote:
Thank you so much!
BBB- I wish the whites survived! Where did you get them from? Have you ever tried blue ones?

Last edited:
Quote:
Thank you so much!
BBB- I wish the whites survived! Where did you get them from? Have you ever tried blue ones?

These all originated from Parkers stock, pretty much the only man who had them in bantam, he sold them all off and I bought some from the guy who bought him out.
Never heard of or seen them in blue in either size, I'm sure they are out there some where though. Gonna keep trying on the whites, I'm sure they are blue splash actually if the true were known about them, if I can ever get one to make it, we'll know for sure, have another batch going right now.
One of my egg buyers said they hatched one too that was an off white color, maybe hers will make it too.
Will keep yall posted on them if I get lucky enough to hatch a few more

This is great information. I was just given a hen that was found wandering around the city streets. I think she is a crevecoeur, but can't be too sure. What do you guys think??

16844_new20chick1.jpg

Thanks so much!

OK...my hen has dark grayish/black skin on her face. So she is not a crevecoeur right? I did notice that one of you is from southern ct...when I get back from vacation, perhaps I could meet up with you and you can look at her and give me your impression of what she could be? I know that is an odd request, I just don't have a bird that looks like this or sounds like it either. I want to provide for her the best that I can. She makes funny sounds, not your normal chicken sounds. My husband told me it is on the quiet side, yet very vocal.

Thanks again everyone!
love.gif

Quote:
To be honest, I have hatched 2 solid white ones so far this year, but they were both very weak, and died in their first week, realy stinks, I was looking forward to seeing what they would turn out like. Gone keep trying though!

If you hatched white ones out of your blacks, they're likely mixed, with polish in the background, & line bred back to Creves.
I know many crested breeders who do crosses to other breeds, for new blood.

Crevocurs, Houdans, Sultans, Polish.
I don't say this to offend you or anything.
If it looks like a creve & acts like creve than it's a creve.
wink.png

Your Crevies are beautiful by the way.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:

If you hatched white ones out of your blacks, they're likely mixed, with polish in the background, & line bred back to Creves.
I know many crested breeders who do crosses to other breeds, for new blood.

Crevocurs, Houdans, Sultans, Polish.
I don't say this to offend you or anything.
If it looks like a creve & acts like creve than it's a creve.
wink.png

Your Crevies are beautiful by the way.
thumbsup.gif

from the line they come from, I highly doubt it, they're Jim Parkers

Back
Top Bottom