Cocci or intestinal lining

BNeher

Chirping
Oct 7, 2023
None of my chickens are acting sick I’ve stared corid. I’m just wondering if this is coccidiosis, or if they are shedding their intestinal lines. Almost 2 months old

Attachments

• IMG_2967.png
    IMG_2967.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 48
IMO i think its intestinal lining but the corid cant hurt, and I read that they can have cocci even with no blood in droppings, so go ahead and do the 5 days corid
i wonder if they are so young though that they would already shed intestinal lining? lets see what others say Im kind of a noob with chickens I know more about ducks

None of my chickens are acting sick I’ve stared corid. I’m just wondering if this is coccidiosis, or if they are shedding their intestinal lines. Almost 2 months old
Hiya, and welcome to BYC!! :frow It's my guess, too that's a cecal poop, but I wouldn't take a chance either.

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

That looks pretty sloppy, I don't think they would be shedding so much intestinal lining especially at 2 months. I'd definitely get them on Corid just to be safe.

Good luck with your flock and welcome to ours!
I just started them on corid this morning when I noticed but I have no idea which chicken. And I need to clean the coop 😫

Back
Top Bottom