Canadians check in here....

Hello from Ontario, I'm around the Long Sault area! (South east of Ottawa)
Nice area, right along the St. Lawrence! :welcome once more! This is a great community, overall. Lots of chicken and other critter chatter, and do check out all the various 'social' forums.

Can't wait to see what you get from your eggs. I love mixed breeds, they're like a box of chocolates, lol!

Thoughts from fellow Ontarians
Why can’t I seem to find Black Orpingtons? Been looking for months.
Hmmmm.... It may just be one of those variations that isn't available around here. I did a quick check with my two more 'local' hatcheries, as well as with Ideal (who supplies Peavey Mart) and couldn't find them.

You may need to extend your search and bring in hatching eggs...

I know that certain colours of Muscovy aren't available in Canada, and if I ever have the money for it, I'll import some from the States!

Hi, just signed up with BYC. I live in Chatham-Kent in Southwestern Ontario. We just moved here to our dream acre in the country where hubby is close to his family and I get to have chickens! I am a city girl and new to chickens, but have been researching like crazy. I have my first chickens arriving in May.

Hi, just signed up with BYC. I live in Chatham-Kent in Southwestern Ontario. We just moved here to our dream acre in the country where hubby is close to his family and I get to have chickens! I am a city girl and new to chickens, but have been researching like crazy. I have my first chickens arriving in May.
Congrats! Welcome! An exciting time. Never to much research! Good for you! Keep us posted on how you are doing as this site has an amazing group of knowledge! What breed are you getting?:caf:thumbsup

:welcome !

Where are you getting your chickens from? I just ordered a bunch from Performance Poultry myself, also getting them in early May.

Congrats! Welcome! An exciting time. Never to much research! Good for you! Keep us posted on how you are doing as this site has an amazing group of knowledge! What breed are you getting?:caf:thumbsup
Thank you!
Well, I got a variety of breeds as I just could not decide! I ordered 9 pullets, Azure, Black copper Marans, Lavender Orpington. Olive Eggers - and what with chicken math I will be getting a couple of Americaunas (sp?) in another month or so.
I do have big plans - chickens as composters and as garden and orchard preparers - the chicken tractor is almost ready - love my handy husband (poor guy is allergic to chickens).

Thank you!
Well, I got a variety of breeds as I just could not decide! I ordered 9 pullets, Azure, Black copper Marans, Lavender Orpington. Olive Eggers - and what with chicken math I will be getting a couple of Americaunas (sp?) in another month or so.
I do have big plans - chickens as composters and as garden and orchard preparers - the chicken tractor is almost ready - love my handy husband (poor guy is allergic to chickens).
I love the breeds you picked!!! Getting my first Orpingtons and Azure this year!! I love the OE and Amerucauna too and no egg compares to the BCM!

Back
Top Bottom