Brooder only getting up to 80.2* - now new problem, see second page

Okay, I put some Yesterday's News bedding down under the puppy pee pad I had in there to raise them up closer to the heat lamp. Gotta do something while I wait or I'll go nuts! So excited!

popcorn.gif

Up to 89.2 at chick head height!! Chicks will be delivered anytime between now and one hour from now. *on pins and needles*

Okay, new problem. All chicks are here and healthy looking--except one is being mean to the other two. Two came out of the box with bloody beaks and the other won't stop beating up on them.

I've got one Speckled Sussex, one Golden Campine, and one Easter Egger, but don't know which is which. Suggestions?

Food and water with electrolites should help.

How long ago were they shipped? My post office always calls early in the morning and I run up and get them.

They were shipped yesterday. I called the post office last week and they said that they'd bring them to my door before noon on the day that they get them. They came at 11am and I think they were a bit chilled, poor things. They seem to be settling in just a bit but they're still being mean to one another.

Walmart also has the red heating lamps.

I used to some easter egger chicks that was always being mean to my new hampshire chicks so I got rid of them and then there was peace in that brooder for a while. The problem was I had 11 cockerels and 1 pullet of the easter eggers and I have an unknown amount of cockerels in the new hampshires right now.

I hope your chicks start getting along. Maybe your chicks are just establishing pecking order.

Back
Top Bottom