Breaking in the birkenstocks

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Before we left for vacation I ordered two pairs of birkenstock shoes, hoping they would help ease a foot problem I'm having (plantar fasciitis). I've gone barefoot for probably 99% of my life, but this foot problem has forced me into shoes.

One pair of the birkies didn't arrive in time, but I did take the one new pair on vacation. I forced myself to wear them every waking moment of every day we were gone. I hated it! Not only do I just despise shoes, but birkies are uncomfortable at first. By the time we got back yesterday I could honestly say these are the most comfortable footwear I've ever owned. No more foot pain at all.

Waiting for me at home was the 2nd pair I ordered. I had to have DH hide my first pair so I am forced to wear this new pair and break them in.

It's gonna be a long two weeks.
hmm.png
That's my silly rant for the day.

Last edited:
Quote:
You really should try them. Like I said, uncomfortable for at least a week while they mold to your foot, but not a bit of foot or leg pain since. Expensive, but less expensive than podiatrist order orthotics.

Oh Man, I hate those shoes, but my foot is KILLING me!

I have looked at several brands of shoes hoping for some relief.

I would love to hear if anyone else had serious foot issues and love them too.

Quote:
so does ebay
wink.png
I got mine for 1/2 the price including the shipping then what I would have paid in sotre... so guess what ... I bought 2 pairs...LOL

Please, which kind did you get? can you post pics of them? My 79 yr old Mom just had to get an injection in the arch of her foot for plantar fascitis & still is having problems. I'd love to get some for her but not sure which style/kind to get? any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I wore Birks for over 20 years due to a car accident...I then slipped in a hole on school grounds and tore a bunch of ligaments in my ankle..the Birks were no longer good enough..I had to be careful with every step I took. Then one day I found a brand new pair of Crocs at a garage sale for $5 and I have never gone back.

I have worn Crocs now for about 5 years..just ordered 4 more different pairs..and I NEVER have foot or back pain anymore.

My mom is severely disabled and weighs probably over 400lb..for 2 years she was complaining of her knee..I kept telling her..TRY THE CROCS...one day we were visiting and I literally kicked off my shoes and forced her to put them on. She was stunned. No more pain at all. She too now wears them all the time.

Back
Top Bottom