Breaking in the birkenstocks

Quote:
lol my crocs are my slippers/indoor shoes at home

That's what I do with my older pairs..when they start getting raggid...outdoor / work / garden / slippers they become!

ANd if anyone wants to call them ugly..go to crocs.com and look at all their styles...they have tons of choices.

Quote:
First....welcome back....I thought you would never get home. Now, come get the broody you left at my house....I am sure it was you!!!

I have suffered from Plantar Fascitis for over seven years. NEVER go barefooted again. Step out of the bed into the berks.

That said the problem is when you get them you have to start out wearing them for a couple of hours one day and then the same for a couple of weeks...then build up. They saved my feet......just do it slowly....but do not go barefooted. I was the barefoot queen. Then my chosen carreer had me standing on my feet for almost 30 years....not in good shoes!!!!

Give them time and you will see improvement.....just do it slowly!!! And crocs do not have the support in them for plantar facitis. They are comfortable....but you HAVE to have the hard arch support. Earth shoes are even worse....they put you back on your heel and if you have achilies tendonitis you are going to be in pain from that too.

And we all missed you.

Last edited:
Oh I love my birkies! That's all I where untill snow forces me into boots! I need another pair soon as I've worn out my old pair.

I too have plantar fasciitis. And I REALLY love my Birkis. Like some have mentioned, they have the proper support for me. Every year I can hardly wait for spring so I can bring out my Birki sandals. Last time I looked, QVC only carried the narrow footbed, though that may have changed by now. Anyway I need the wide so I buy mine off of Ebay. I've gotten some pretty good deals. And yes, try the soft footbed, you have a little padding on top of the cork.

As far as crocs go, one of my neices bought me a pair for my birthday 2 years ago. Every time I have tried to wear them my fasciitis acted up for a week (they must be too squishy for me). I would love to wear them but it's just not worth a week of pain.

I work for a Physiatrist (Physical Medicine and Rehab doctor) and he suggested icing the painful site (reduces the inflammation) and achilles tendon stretches a few times a day when it acts up. It does seem to work for me, it helps the pain to go away faster (usually in days instead of weeks).

Despite breaking in the Birkenstocks, I hope you had a nice trip.

(edited for spelling errors)

Last edited:
did you know they have the birk insoles that you can pit into your winter wear too
wink.png

i ordered some online too!!! came in the mail just the other day. got the wrong size. way too big. kinda disappointed. soooo now i have to send these back and wait again.

What exactly do these things look like? I need a new pair of shoes... (cause 3 huge totes of shoes isnt enough..
roll.png
..)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom