Best electrolytes for full-grown hens?

desertchick3

Chirping
Jun 12, 2022
Mojave Desert
I live in the desert and I am looking for ways to keep my hens hydrated and happy. There was a recent heatwave and we are expecting more. I use sav-a-chick electrolytes from Tractor supply. What are the best electrolytes for desert chickens? I don't know a lot about electrolytes so I appreciate any help. 🐔👍

Add on a question here, some websites say they give chickens powdered Gatorade for electrolytes, is that advisable? I have some Liquid IV (https://www.liquid-iv.com) electrolyte mix for me, can I mix a little in their water and give it to them? My chickens are a little over 3 months old and I saw them panting today. Dug them some holes, they have shade, a swimming pool, etc. Thanks!

I live in the desert and I am looking for ways to keep my hens hydrated and happy. There was a recent heatwave and we are expecting more. I use sav-a-chick electrolytes from Tractor supply. What are the best electrolytes for desert chickens? I don't know a lot about electrolytes so I appreciate any help. 🐔👍
I use these, they are fine for adult birds.

Back
Top Bottom