Baytril dosing and salpingitis

sydney1497

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2020
Hello

I have a hen acting a bit lethargic/ lying down in the run with her eyes closed about a month out from when she got off antibiotics (clavacillan from the vet) for salpingitis (she bounced back and was acting normal until today). I have baytril and am wondering if I should start her on a dose of it. How much would I give her? And how do I administer it?

Thank you

Last edited:
Hello

I have a hen acting a bit lethargic/ lying down in the run with her eyes closed about a month out from when she got off antibiotics (clavacillan from the vet) for salpingitis (she bounced back and was acting normal until today). I have baytril and am wondering if I should start her on a dose of it. How much would I give her? And how do I administer it?

Thank you
I'm sorry to hear that she's declining :(

If you have Baytril 10% liquid, the dose is 0.05ml per pound of weight given orally twice a day for 5-6 days.

If you have Baytril 10% liquid, the dose is 0.05ml per pound of weight given orally twice a day for 5-6 days.
Thank you so much! Can I syringe it right into her mouth or should I put it in water?

Thank you so much! Can I syringe it right into her mouth or should I put it in water?

Syringe it directly into her beak.

Keep us posted on how she gets along.

Back
Top Bottom