Bantam Rhode Island Red Thread

Some more of my youngsters.

These are my breeders. They are from Christine Kitsch. She does very well showing them. There offspring look great .

Last edited:
These chicks of mine are now 26 wks old. 5 Pullets, 10 Roos. This is a RE-RUN of the previous years' order. 15 chicks each order. Ended up with 5 pullets each. Varmints got all but one of the older flock hens. These pullets began to lay sporadically after 22wks. Now, some days I get 4 eggs. Not very good layers.

Not the best pic because they wouldn't stay still and I am sure my phone wasn't so still either. I just sold these but still have the breeders they came from. Haven't decided if I will hatch any this year.

Hey everyone, I've recently acquired three very nice rir bantam pullets and I'm looking for a stud for them. I live in frigid Vermont so a rose comb would be preferable, but i have kept single combs up here and know all the tricks to keeping them frostbite free. I'd be willing to drive or pay shipping for the right bird. Sorry if this should actually be in the sales section, let me know if you can help me out or if you have any leads. thanks!

Hey everyone, I've recently acquired three very nice rir bantam pullets and I'm looking for a stud for them. I live in frigid Vermont so a rose comb would be preferable, but i have kept single combs up here and know all the tricks to keeping them frostbite free. I'd be willing to drive or pay shipping for the right bird. Sorry if this should actually be in the sales section, let me know if you can help me out or if you have any leads. thanks!
Hello 95yj: Too bad we don't live closer to one another. I've got ten beautiful Single Comb Roos U could choose from. I have a hen setting on a dozen eggs now. Hope she can give me some pullets.
jumpy.gif

I have one forsale

I am in Kentucky and have a Rhode Island Red Bantam cockerel who is 3 months old. I'm interested in getting him some ladies and was wondering if there was anyone else in Kentucky who has them? Also, what kind of layer are the hens? Are they as strong as the standard?

I am in Kentucky and have a Rhode Island Red Bantam cockerel who is 3 months old. I'm interested in getting him some ladies and was wondering if there was anyone else in Kentucky who has them? Also, what kind of layer are the hens? Are they as strong as the standard?
Hello pdholbrook. Mine are from Cackle Hatchery. Beautiful birds, but not strong layers. They begin about 22 weeks of age. Some pullets lay 5 days a week, some lay once a week, and a few lay, well, wherever they get the urge. I need to get an incubator . So far my hens aren't the best brooders.

Back
Top Bottom