Bantam Ameraucana Thread!

Hi all! I just discovered this thread as I was nosing around! Glad to find you because I am the proud parent of 8 little bitties!!! I hatched my first clutch in the incubator. They are the cutest little things! I have another clutch that just went to lock down this morning. The first batch have 3 blacks, 4 blues, and an adorable little splash. The second batch should be all black.

I look forward to chatting with you all soon!

I'm glad to have found this thread! So, I have a few questions. How well do bantam Ameraucanas lay? What are their personalities? How well would a pretty good one be expected to do at shows compared to other breeds? I'm searching for a new bantam breed and like the idea of tinted eggs and the looks of bantam Ameraucanas.

Each variety and even different bloodlines are different.My white bantams are my best layers even beating my large fowl.I had a pen of 15 lay 12 or more eggs every day last year until winter and then I let them rest.Without lights they still laid some throught the winter.My lavender are every other day layers with breaks now and then.The blue black slash pen is a little less than the whites.About 5-6 eggs a week per hen.Silvers about 4 eggs per week per hen.

Each variety and even different bloodlines are different.My white bantams are my best layers even beating my large fowl.I had a pen of 15 lay 12 or more eggs every day last year until winter and then I let them rest.Without lights they still laid some throught the winter.My lavender are every other day layers with breaks now and then.The blue black slash pen is a little less than the whites.About 5-6 eggs a week per hen.Silvers about 4 eggs per week per hen.
Wow! That's pretty good I think. We have egg customers that like to buy bantam eggs so our bantams have to be pretty good layers. These Ameraucanas are sounding pretty good.
smile.png

I am looking for some bantam Ameraucana hatching eggs that come from friendly lines that lay a nice blue (no green or mint) egg very regularly, ie 4+ eggs a week. I have some black bantam Ameraucanas that are very poor layers (I bought one girl as a pullet 9 months ago and she has never layed an egg). If anyone could point me in the direction of some good lines I sure would appreciate it. Thanks!

I just bought two darling little self blues. Two 2 year old hens. No eggs yet, but looking forward to those cute green eggs.
I'm also hoping to revive this thread.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom