Anyone know anything about Amberlinks/Amber Stars?

Last I heard, TSC gets their birds from Hoover's. I had some amberlinks direct from Hoover's. The hatchery customer service rep put me on hold and then told me that they alternate colors, so you can't color sex them. The catalog says they are based on the hatchery's ISA browns. Mine feathered out as early as 4.5 weeks and started to lay around 19 weeks. They hatched 11/14/18. I've sold them, so couldn't say how long they live. The eggs were quite dark, not "quite" as dark as welsumer or penedesenca but much darker than many other brown egg layers. The birds' color ranged from practically all red with white lacing to all white, and a few in between including a "honey" color bird.

Definitely different hatcheries have different mixes. There is (at least was) a Czech republic "dominant amber" project, but I don't believe Hoover/TSC use them, or they'd brag about that fact like they do with the midnight majesty marans and the sapphire gems.

So like the sapphire blue gem, etc, the amberlink's genetic makeup and characteristics depend on where you get it.

Back
Top Bottom