Any problems with having just 2 males?

Going Bhonkers

Songster
7 Years
Apr 12, 2012
SW Florida
I have two white chinese goslings that are turning a month old this week. I've had them since they were a week old and they are the only geese I own. I dont know their sex, really hoping that they're both female because I dont want to add any more members to their flock - two geese is what I can handle for now.

In the event that it turns out my little pair happens to be male, do you think they'll still fight with each other given that there is no female to fight over?

I imagine they'll still be temperamental during breeding season, as I've read is their nature, but will they still get along?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Last edited:
fl.gif

I have two white chinese goslings that are turning a month old this week. I've had them since they were a week old and they are the only geese I own. I dont know their sex, really hoping that they're both female because I dont want to add any more members to their flock - two geese is what I can handle for now.

In the event that it turns out my little pair happens to be male, do you think they'll still fight with each other given that there is no female to fight over?

I imagine they'll still be temperamental during breeding season, as I've read is their nature, but will they still get along?

Does anyone have any experience with this?
Yup, my last goose got killed last year, leaving 2 ganders. Sure they still get rowdy and squabble during breeding season and whether I have a goose around or not doesn't seem to change that, but they are inseperable pals most of the time. Yours will be also. If it turns out that you have one or both females, goose eggs are delicious...........Pop

I acquired a pair of adults last summer. I had no idea what gender they were, but assumed they were a pair because they were inseparable and got along great. Then, I gave them 4 goslings recently and discovered they are both ganders. They had a few fights during initial integration of goslings, as alpha gander had to make sure the other one knew the goslings are his babies, but within a few days all has settled down and they are a happy flock now.

Enjoy your babies!

Back
Top Bottom