Cross Bred Geese

cmaddachick

Hatching
Apr 20, 2024
I have female French Toulouse and gray Sebastopol gander. I have one of their goslings that I hatched in an incubator that is 4 weeks old. We are keeping her. But we would like to sell any other goslings that come from the French Toulouse/ Sebastopol pair. How much should I sell them for? I paid $125 for a pure gray Sebastopol gosling. But these are mixed breed.

I have French Toulouse myself. Something to keep in mind about French Toulouse is that they’re pretty much your garden variety production Toulouse. Metzer obtained them as a novelty just because they are from Toulouse France, but their lineage is questionable beyond that. Personally I adore mine, but they aren’t show quality like exhibition Toulouse.

That being said there really isn’t a market for designer breeds of geese like there are with dogs so even if they were a cross between two rare breeds they are simply a mix. What they do have going for them is that they’re possible carriers for curly feathers so you could advertise that.

Common and mixed breed goslings in general are around $14 to $20. They’re mixes so that isn’t going to raise their value much but lot of people aren’t familiar with “French” Toulouse and it sounds fancier than it is so leave it to their imagination to make what they want out of it, they may be carriers for curly feathers so advertise them as a low cost breeding prospect, maybe try for $30 to $50.

Back
Top Bottom