American Game Bantams??

Poultriary, Cuban actually stated they differ in color varieties, but was not specific in what way they differ, so I don't see how she could be wrong. They do differ, as u stated, oegb has many more accepted varieties than agb.

Do you know anyone selling american game bantams? I been searching but mostly everyone has only old english which are beautiful but not the breed i'm looking for.

I just hatched an Octagon full of AGBs and a couple of red jungle fowl.

What are you looking for variety wise?

I have Red Quill, Dun Silver Duckwing (aka Fawn Silver Duckwing), and White.

I am also working on a Silver Wheaten, but I'm just at the first crossing between a SDW Cockerel and a Wheaten Hen.

If you're not interested in those, I am a member of the United American Game Bantam Club and can put you in touch with someone who can fix you up with what you want.

Well, it's a splash bird of some sort and since blue is an accepted color, a splash bird could be an AGB.

But based the other characteristics, I would say no. First, he has white ear lobes. The comb is also poorly defined. Prior to dubbing, AGBs have what I would call a classic single comb with the deeply divided points. The cockerel you have in your photograph appears to have very short points. Finally, AGBs have a tail that is supposed to be 50 degrees from horizontal and the main sickle feathers should curve in a semi-cardioid (half-heart shaped) manner. This bird also seems sort of large for a bantam (though it's hard, especially since it appear to be young, with some growing left to do.

But the leg color is correct.

Last edited:
Well, it's a splash bird of some sort and since blue is an accepted color, a splash bird could be an AGB.

But based the other characteristics, I would say no. First, he has white ear lobes. The comb is also poorly defined. Prior to dubbing, AGBs have what I would call a classic single comb with the deeply divided points. The cockerel you have in your photograph appears to have very short points. Finally, AGBs have a tail that is supposed to be 50 degrees from horizontal and the main sickle feathers should curve in a semi-cardioid (half-heart shaped) manner. This bird also seems sort of large for a bantam (though it's hard, especially since it appear to be young, with some growing left to do.

But the leg color is correct.
OK,well thank you for your time! He is only 12 wks old and looks much bigger in this photo than in real life,hes tiny! Thanks agani! :)

Yea, it's hard to tell. It's good to throw something into photos as a reference. I can be something like a ruler or even a quart or gallon waterer that we'd all recognize the size of, plus a sharper photo would help on the ID.

At that age, the tail comment isn't necessarily relevant. But, I have a 2nd stage brooder full of 8 week old AGBs and they have very well defined classic single combs.

Where did it come from? I'm curious why you'd think it was an AGB? If it came from someone with AGBs, it could possibly be a cross.

Yea, it's hard to tell. It's good to throw something into photos as a reference. I can be something like a ruler or even a quart or gallon waterer that we'd all recognize the size of, plus a sharper photo would help on the ID.

At that age, the tail comment isn't necessarily relevant. But, I have a 2nd stage brooder full of 8 week old AGBs and they have very well defined classic single combs.

Where did it come from? I'm curious why you'd think it was an AGB? If it came from someone with AGBs, it could possibly be a cross.
I was told he looked more like an AGB than a OEGB, because of his stature and leg color. I got him from a local feed store,so there is a possibility of him being a cross :/ oh well, I love him whatever he is! :)

So long as you enjoy them, that is what counts.

But, be careful how attached you get. If it's got game, it could cause trouble in a flock if there are other gamecocks. If they are game, hopefully you only ended up with one roo.

So long as you enjoy them, that is what counts.

But, be careful how attached you get. If it's got game, it could cause trouble in a flock if there are other gamecocks. If they are game, hopefully you only ended up with one roo.
OK, I wont bother you after this! I took some slightly better photos just now while I was chillin in the coop with them! Im not saying hes is infact AGB, Im just wanting to put some more pics out here so maybe just maybe we could get an ID on him. forget what I said before, I do care/want to know what he is!
Also feed store said none of the Chickens they had could be crosses,But couldnt tell what breeds any of them could be.???

And what is with those white earlobes?? LOL

Back
Top Bottom