All advice for raising ducklings please

Ok so one of the ducklings, think the last one hatched in the first group so not Miracle, is sooo much smaller than the others and seems to be sitting more puffed up. I took it out to look it over and it had a bit of poop on its bum, but not dried like chick pasty butt, I washed it off anyways in case that was a problem. I don't really see anything else. I have been putting nutritional yeast in the feed and they are on duck crumble. Any ideas or what I can do. When it was cleaning itself after I washed its bum it was tipping over still which the others seem a bit more steady on their feet now. It hatched on Sat.

Ok so one of the ducklings, think the last one hatched in the first group so not Miracle, is sooo much smaller than the others and seems to be sitting more puffed up. I took it out to look it over and it had a bit of poop on its bum, but not dried like chick pasty butt, I washed it off anyways in case that was a problem. I don't really see anything else. I have been putting nutritional yeast in the feed and they are on duck crumble. Any ideas or what I can do. When it was cleaning itself after I washed its bum it was tipping over still which the others seem a bit more steady on their feet now. It hatched on Sat.
Do you have any electrolyte solution or something similar to add to their drinking water?

Thanks. Think I may try after hubby is out of the shower so bathroom is warm and steamed up. His head feathers are slicked down and one spot on his back has membrane stuck. So doesn't need a full bath but spots.
Mine was sooooo gooey that it looked like someone took a full bottle of glue and put him in it. It was all over and not just a few spots. That's why I resorted to using the sink and gently washing him.

My newest Call Duckling had pasty butt when I got it. I used Sav a chick from TSC and also something called Rooster Booster that was for poultry that had a lot of extra niacin in it and other good vitamins for ducks and chickens alike. That seemed to help. I gave it short swims daily to clean it's little butt and wiped it down good off and on throughout the day. Finally it was able to have one huge poop after doing this several days and took off started growing like it should have been. I was lucky it lived as it surely looked not so hopefully to start with.

Mine was sooooo gooey that it looked like someone took a full bottle of glue and put him in it. It was all over and not just a few spots. That's why I resorted to using the sink and gently washing him.
Ya he wasn't all the gooey which was a shock seeing how the shell was open for 3 days and I oiled up the membrane so sure got oil on him.

My newest Call Duckling had pasty butt when I got it. I used Sav a chick from TSC and also something called Rooster Booster that was for poultry that had a lot of extra niacin in it and other good vitamins for ducks and chickens alike. That seemed to help. I gave it short swims daily to clean it's little butt and wiped it down good off and on throughout the day. Finally it was able to have one huge poop after doing this several days and took off started growing like it should have been. I was lucky it lived as it surely looked not so hopefully to start with.
Thanks. Ya this was just a little bit of soft poop so nothing like when my chicks had pasty butt. But I was thinking maybe it was stopping him from going? I will try the electrolytes. I don't have rooster booster I don't think but I have nutridrench.

Thanks. Ya this was just a little bit of soft poop so nothing like when my chicks had pasty butt. But I was thinking maybe it was stopping him from going? I will try the electrolytes. I don't have rooster booster I don't think but I have nutridrench.
I had noticed mine was not being able to poop very well so I sort of dug around it's bottom part and found what seemed to be a small poop plug around it's vent. I gently pulled it off and then that is when it exploded a huge poop out and all was well afterwards. I had not noticed it being there in the beginning so I am not sure how or when it formed. It just had a pasty butt to start with, not huge, just never a clean bottom like my other one did. You are most welcome and I pray it gets along well.

Is this a prolapse??? It doesn't look as big in person but still red and a small bump. This is in the tiny, dirty bum duckling

Attachments

• IMG_20240509_161127404.jpg
    IMG_20240509_161127404.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom