~* 4th annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey/Chicken hatchathon! *~

24 chicken eggs due the 5th and 10 turkey eggs due the 6th went in the hatcher yesterday. One way early turkey pipper today.

I locked down last night. When I opened the 'bator to add water to raise the humidity, there was already a hatched chick in there! I have lots of pips too, so hopefully I'll have more chicks by tomorrow!

My two 5dM HAL entries were early, but not as much as expected! I can't count. Two little goslings who already like to cuddle! Hard to get ready for work but guess I gotta! They hatched yesterday. Doesn't look/sound like any others in the bator are going to but giving them one more day.

Those goslings are so cute. I keep thinking that I need a few and then I remember I live in the desert :p. I am officially in lockdown tomorrow, but it looks like 9 sweetgrass turkey eggs made it, and 7 guinea eggs under my broody hen. She kicked one out of the nest today, and sure enough, it was a quitter. How the heck do they figure out that?:/

so time got away from me and I did not get the eggs moved from the auto turning shelf to the lowest hatching drawer area. Now they are supposed to be in lockdown with no opening of the incubater door. I raised the humidity earlier in the day but I just turned off the auto turner. I can still use a button to manually tilt all 3 shelves each of which have some eggs on them. But I think I missed my chance to ope the door and move the eggs into lockdown.

It should be interesting to see how well they hatch.

so time got away from me and I did not get the eggs moved from the auto turning shelf to the lowest hatching drawer area.  Now they are supposed to be in lockdown with no opening of the incubater door.  I raised the humidity earlier in the day but I just turned off the auto turner.  I can still use a button to manually tilt all 3 shelves each of which have some eggs on them.  But I think I missed my chance to ope the door and move the eggs into lockdown.

It should be interesting to see how well they hatch.

If you have a cabinet, just turn your fan off while the door is open & get them moved to the hatching tray. Humidity & temps recover within minutes of closing the door & turning the fan back on. I wouldn't leave them in the turner racks. Too easy to get stuck in the rack or fall out of the tray.

Six little cochins, two more pips and 4 quitters =/ but my big mama lf cochin Heidi adopted 5 more to go with her 3 two or three day old chicks =) and seems one of my ducklings has wry neck but is doing better today =) and another has a leg issue at its elbow/knee, was wondering what I could do about it? It's eating and drinking and getting around but one leg is flexed up backwards =( probably have to hobble him huh?

Last edited:
Woke up this morning to 1 of my turkey eggs hatched out. 2 more have external pips.

The one that hatched is a bourbon red.

I screwed up and let the time get away from me spending most of the last few days completely redoing 2 of my breeder units. Lockdown came and went.
I had eggs due to hatch the 4th, 5th and 6th. I woke up this morning, turned on the news and they said, "good morning, it's May 4th". I freaked out an ran down stairs to find eggs pipping in the turner (which was still on). Fortunately the bulk of the eggs are due on the 6th.
I quickly finished cleaning out the hatcher, filled the water reservoirs and turned it on. It came up to temperature in about 45 minutes and I transferred the 8 eggs that are due at 1pm today. 6 of the 8 are pipping.
I'm warming up the LG for the 4 eggs due tomorrow.
Hopefully the ones that are already pipping will be out by tonight and I can move the 17 eggs due on Wednesday in then.

I screwed up and let the time get away from me spending most of the last few days completely redoing 2 of my breeder units. Lockdown came and went.
I had eggs due to hatch the 4th, 5th and 6th. I woke up this morning, turned on the news and they said, "good morning, it's May 4th". I freaked out an ran down stairs to find eggs pipping in the turner (which was still on). Fortunately the bulk of the eggs are due on the 6th.
I quickly finished cleaning out the hatcher, filled the water reservoirs and turned it on. It came up to temperature in about 45 minutes and I transferred the 8 eggs that are due at 1pm today. 6 of the 8 are pipping.
I'm warming up the LG for the 4 eggs due tomorrow.
Hopefully the ones that are already pipping will be out by tonight and I can move the 17 eggs due on Wednesday in then.

I did about the same thing. Fortunately someone asked me about my hatch yesterday so I was able to take them off the turner and raise the humidity before any pips.

Back
Top Bottom