~* 4th annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey/Chicken hatchathon! *~

I hope yours bounce back! 
Thank you. I'm really hoping!

I'll cross my fingers for you. I've hatched eggs my broody left when the first one hatched they were probably cold for at least 12 hours.. but I think how far along they are makes a big difference. Because only 3 out of the ten she left managed to hatch and they were all developed.
i stagger hatch and its a nice bator so I keep my best eggs in it. They ranged from day 7 to day 15. Ahhhh! I pulled 40 quitters out of it last night. Several maybes got to stay.
1f62d.png

Thank you. I'm really hoping!
i stagger hatch and its a nice bator so I keep my best eggs in it. They ranged from day 7 to day 15. Ahhhh! I pulled 40 quitters out of it last night. Several maybes got to stay.
1f62d.png

I stagger hatch as well, hope your maybes pull thru.

Question. My bator had low temperatures for a few days before evening back out and I think I have some quitters but there's no blood ring? Is this normal? They should be hatching now not looking like they're only half developed =/

Here is a pic of mine that hatched this weekend. I have one still zipping and one drying off in thee hatcher. There is five in this temp brooder till all hatch and go out to their bigger brooder outside.

I stagger hatch as well, hope your maybes pull thru.

Question. My bator had low temperatures for a few days before evening back out and I think I have some quitters but there's no blood ring? Is this normal? They should be hatching now not looking like they're only half developed =/

I tend to leave any questionable eggs in, but if you are certain they quit long ago it should be safe to pull them out.

Generally speaking, eggs can tolerate dips in temperature better than spikes. I actually took out 6 eggs to candle before, and left them out when I went to sleep by accident and realized when I woke up. After cooling to room temperature for about 6-8 hours, they went back in the incubator and kept on developing on schedule 6/6.

I just realized I dated a bunch of my eggs wrong. I forgot to change from turkey date to chick date when I marked them...so, they are due this weekend, not next weekend. I still have others due the 6th, but not the 100+ I originally had marked. Oops! At least I caught it in time to lock them down on time.

I just realized I dated a bunch of my eggs wrong. I forgot to change from turkey date to chick date when I marked them...so, they are due this weekend, not next weekend. I still have others due the 6th, but not the 100+ I originally had marked. Oops! At least I caught it in time to lock them down on time.

Oops! I fear that happening here...I had all my sets, mixed chickens and turkeys, stragglers up to 3 days after a set, 4 trays running...and nothing but a few scribbles on an envelope to decode my egg marks.

Yesterday I went through and made my "daily watch" list. It's pretty full. :) And then I found out I have chicks hatching while I am on a three day business trip because I set chicken with turkey
hu.gif

Oops!  I fear that happening here...I had all my sets, mixed chickens and turkeys, stragglers up to 3 days after a set, 4 trays running...and nothing but a few scribbles on an envelope to decode my egg marks.

Yesterday I went through and made my "daily watch" list.  It's pretty full.  :)  And then I found out I have chicks hatching while I am on a three day business trip because I set chicken with turkey :confused:

I almost always have something in lockdown or hatching. I put 24 mixed goose eggs in my bator on Easter that we picked up on the way home. They were all pulled from different nests. The first started hatching a couple days ago. I have just been candling every couple days & putting anything that looks close into the hatching tray. This will be fun...lol

I thought about doing that (forget about dates, pay attention to how they look). I have some turkey eggs from this set that look a little behind, and the next set goes into lockdown the day this hatch is scheduled, so stragglers will just be left in the tray for a few more days.

I did a bit of tossing here and there from a couple different sets of eggs I had going in the incubator. As of now it looks like I have 12 turkey eggs and 1 maybe on the mallards egg. It had looked good but now it is hard to tell if it is still moving.
For the various chickens there are about 35 eggs in there. I have one egg that is behind all of the others but clearly ahead of the next batch. I'm thinking it must have been added my one of my little elfs. I let them get the occasional late egg from the breeding pens. Its possible they added it without telling me on a day I was setting Turkey eggs for a May 14/15th hatch.

Back
Top Bottom