~* 4th annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey/Chicken hatchathon! *~

Candled my turkey eggs I set on the 7th. Had 1 clear and 11 developing. Could see eye and good veining.

The ones I set early had nine clear off of shipped eggs. My eggs are all developing nicely. Should hatch on the 4th.

Good luck to all.

Chrysolin I hope good luck on your shipped eggs.

Candled my turkey eggs I set on the 7th. Had 1 clear and 11 developing. Could see eye and good veining.

The ones I set early had nine clear off of shipped eggs. My eggs are all developing nicely. Should hatch on the 4th.

Good luck to all.

Thanks, I'll take all the luck I can get =) these are the first shipped eggs I've tried to hatch myself =)

Last edited:
Just about to start my first incubation, picking up the eggs on saturday morning  I am so excited and nervous. 

EEK gonna be a mammy! Or fail horribly. Oh well... 

good luck! I hope your hatch turns out well :) I feel like a seasoned hatcher already and my first incubator run was just in January lol. Have fun with it!

Good luck to all.

I just candled my first set of turkey eggs that I set on the 8th. There are 6 of them and I drove an hour each way to pick them up. I was THRILLED to see veining in every one :) I have a set of shipped ones that I just set on Tuesday so I won't know how they're doing for at least a few more days. More are due to come in the mail tomorrow lol. I'm hoping for a good hatch (just picked up the coop for them today). Good luck with your hatch and remember to post pictures!

Last edited:
I just candled my first set of turkey eggs that I set on the 8th. There are 6 of them and I drove an hour each way to pick them up. I was THRILLED to see veining in every one
smile.png
I drove 2 1/2 hours one way to pick up my turkey eggs. Now I'm afraid to candle them and most everyone I know thinks I'm crazy.

I drove 2 1/2 hours one way to pick up my turkey eggs. Now I'm afraid to candle them and most everyone I know thinks I'm crazy.

wow, that's a long way to drive. I barely survived my drive but then again, I had 2 cranky kids with me. I picked them up from the bus stop and we left right away lol

wow, that's a long way to drive. I barely survived my drive but then again, I had 2 cranky kids with me. I picked them up from the bus stop and we left right away lol

My ride along backed out at the last moment. I sure could have used a second set of eyes. GPS in Oklahoma is risky, at best. I was told not to bother putting in the address or I'd never get there.

Next time you pick up kids at a bus stop, pick up a couple cheery ones instead of cranky ones.
wink.png

My ride along backed out at the last moment. I sure could have used a second set of eyes. GPS in Oklahoma is risky, at best. I was told not to bother putting in the address or I'd never get there.

Next time you pick up kids at a bus stop, pick up a couple cheery ones instead of cranky ones.
wink.png
lol funny!

good luck! I hope your hatch turns out well
smile.png
I feel like a seasoned hatcher already and my first incubator run was just in January lol. Have fun with it!
I just candled my first set of turkey eggs that I set on the 8th. There are 6 of them and I drove an hour each way to pick them up. I was THRILLED to see veining in every one
smile.png
I have a set of shipped ones that I just set on Tuesday so I won't know how they're doing for at least a few more days. More are due to come in the mail tomorrow lol. I'm hoping for a good hatch (just picked up the coop for them today). Good luck with your hatch and remember to post pictures!

The things we do to avoid shipping on our precious eggs huh!?

Next weekend I am driving 2hours one way on my end to meet a woman who is also driving 1.5hours on her end (so nice of her) to meet up so I can purchase some nice quality standard Barred Plymouth Rocks :) So excited!!!

Usually DH does the long drives for me but this time it will be me and the 3 kiddos.

I test candled 2 of the turkey eggs, both showed veining. I plan to candle again on the 22nd or 23rd so I can candle all of the chicken eggs at the same time. It will be a nice cool down period for the day. I don't always do the cooldowns but on days I candle It just happens automatically.

Back
Top Bottom