~* 4th annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey/Chicken hatchathon! *~

I think there is 3 of us that have 2 dozen cream legbar eggs set for this hatch in all different parts of the country.  We"ll have to bet on who gets the most clb chicks.just fun.   I shouldn't even think of this cause I always lose when I bet....I hope we all get great hatches.
and what about Ameraucana hatches.  I have the crappy hatches on them.  ON shipped eggs last year  I'd be lucky if I got 3 chicks out of a dozen.  Even on my on eggs  the hatches were bad.   Lots of un-fertile eggs  does anyone else notice this?  
Even the first set of turkey eggs I sat were un fertile.   She was awfully early to set.  I saw the Tom doing his deed too.   Now he young , he won't be a year old until the end of May.   I am hoping these I set will be fertile.    will check soon.   She has laid 5 more eggs in a nest out back.  So have another chance....
Does anyone let there turkeys hatch their own eggs?
I did last year but she wasn't a very good mother and we have a lot of feral cats that like juicy young babies....

Sometimes I have to do something about too many bum feathers on my hens and roos for them to get proper contact, especially with types that have real fluffy or excessive feathers like Brahma and cochins. My uncle says it's called the coacle kiss (don't think I spelled that right) if they don't get proper contact your fertility will slowly drop as no new male DNA gets introduced. Just a thought,, does your roo have a favorite hen? Maybe she's getting all the attention ;)

I've got bantam Cochin eggs in due April 29 courtesy of SueG =) a whole batch from all my ducks set for cinco de mayo and African goose eggs may 12 from my friendly neighbor =) oh and 2 Dominique eggs all the way from the east coast somewhere that a lovely BYCer brought me all the way from Nevada on her trip =) set for Apr 27
What kind of ducks do you have? I apologize if they're in your signature but my phone doesn't show them :p

Looks like I'm in. I have a couple hundred eggs in the bator with over 100 due between 5/3-5/7. I'd have to look to see exactly how many. Some are suprise hatch dates because we stopped at a goose farm on Easter & pulled 2 dozen eggs from random nests in various stages of development. The first of those have internal pips now. Since they were pulled from at least 7-8 different nests we will just be candling frequently to see when to lock them down.

Just about to start my first incubation, picking up the eggs on saturday morning I am so excited and nervous.

EEK gonna be a mammy! Or fail horribly. Oh well...

Back
Top Bottom