~* 4th annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey/Chicken hatchathon! *~

I set 2 dozen clb eggs. and 11 wheaten ameruacanas eggs. The legbars hatched great last time. wheatens not so well. They seem to be not so fertile as other breeds here at my house.+ Plus the 7 sweetgrass turkey eggs and 5 porter turkey eggs She heritage bronze colored , the tom with her is slated blue cross bourbon red. She lays the tinyest eggs they probably won't hatch.
any happy hatching from one addicted person to the other one

Set 11 English Red Orpington eggs this morning. Here's hoping for a great hatch!
fl.gif

Well... Since my shipped eggs won't be here till later this week and my 19 week old rooster has yet to crow (so I assume all eggs = infertile) I got some eggs from someone I had to throw in for this hatch! They should hatch on Star Wars day. :D

Hope the olive egg hatches! :fl

If I need more space... I have another incubator... :jumpy

I threw in 9 more bourbon red turkey eggs today. I know they don't count but they'll hatch only a couple days after the others I set :) I'll be setting more, hopefully by the end of the week. They'll be mixed breeds but still. I'm going to be overrun by poults in a month and I've never had turkeys before lol.

I added 2 more chicken eggs to my broody Cochin tonight, bringing my total to 6 chicken eggs, 5 Silkie X Cream Legbar and 1 pure Cream Legbar
big_smile.png

I set 24 cream legbar eggs yesterday.
I think there is 3 of us that have 2 dozen cream legbar eggs set for this hatch in all different parts of the country. We"ll have to bet on who gets the most clb chicks.just fun. I shouldn't even think of this cause I always lose when I bet....I hope we all get great hatches.
and what about Ameraucana hatches. I have the crappy hatches on them. ON shipped eggs last year I'd be lucky if I got 3 chicks out of a dozen. Even on my on eggs the hatches were bad. Lots of un-fertile eggs does anyone else notice this?
Even the first set of turkey eggs I sat were un fertile. She was awfully early to set. I saw the Tom doing his deed too. Now he young , he won't be a year old until the end of May. I am hoping these I set will be fertile. will check soon. She has laid 5 more eggs in a nest out back. So have another chance....
Does anyone let there turkeys hatch their own eggs?
I did last year but she wasn't a very good mother and we have a lot of feral cats that like juicy young babies....

I think there is 3 of us that have 2 dozen cream legbar eggs set for this hatch in all different parts of the country.  We"ll have to bet on who gets the most clb chicks.just fun.   I shouldn't even think of this cause I always lose when I bet....I hope we all get great hatches.
and what about Ameraucana hatches.  I have the crappy hatches on them.  ON shipped eggs last year  I'd be lucky if I got 3 chicks out of a dozen.  Even on my on eggs  the hatches were bad.   Lots of un-fertile eggs  does anyone else notice this?  
Even the first set of turkey eggs I sat were un fertile.   She was awfully early to set.  I saw the Tom doing his deed too.   Now he young , he won't be a year old until the end of May.   I am hoping these I set will be fertile.    will check soon.   She has laid 5 more eggs in a nest out back.  So have another chance....
Does anyone let there turkeys hatch their own eggs?
I did last year but she wasn't a very good mother and we have a lot of feral cats that like juicy young babies....

This my first time to try broody turkey hens. Right now I have 6 hens brooded up on nests.
Hopefully out of those a couple will be good moms.

Back
Top Bottom