15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Pics
Baby number 2!!!!! ❤️
Olive egger by bcm mix! That's the green egg that pipped yesterday and got kicked out!

Attachments

• Snapchat-224836476.jpg
    Snapchat-224836476.jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Snapchat-1507770593.jpg
    Snapchat-1507770593.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Snapchat-1558961467.jpg
    Snapchat-1558961467.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I’ve been trying to get some cream Legbars for 4 years, and I finally just ordered some from a hatchery. They were never at the feed stores when I went, and I bet if they ever were at the feed store they were gone pretty fast.

Wow, that’s crazy! I’m glad you were able to get some!
They are such a pretty breed, aren’t they?
Is this the Cream Legbars you are talking about? I love their jaunty topknot crest - so cute. They are on my short list for chicks this year.

https://www.chickdays.ca/product/3562609

These will be my count 15. All are my chickens eggs but the 2 bcm eggs.View attachment 3767511 The rooster for all but the 2 bcm eggs is an isbar. Top left...2 isbar eggs. To the top far right are 2 frizzle EE eggs. Middle left 2 BO eggs. 1 big Australorp egg. EE eggs, (gray ones may be frizzle. then the Last brown one is a welsummer egg.
I am really interested to see what your Isbar mix will look like- and eventually lay.
I have one Bielefelder roo over Isbar (black Silverudds Blue) hen from my flock incubating with my purchased eggs (BBS Marans, Swedish Flower, Opal Cream Legbar and F1 MarsBar (Marans-Legbar).

The broody hatch went from Sunday the 16th to Thursday the 21rst. That was so stressful. Lots of shenanigans to be had because I had to work. I put the eggs to hatch up on the egg turner struts (?), so that my Easter hatch could continue to turn. Then cut the bottom of a small paper bag to put on top of the turner to put a pipped egg in to contain the chick. That didn't work, the chick had gotten out of the bag bottom and was in a turner egg slot, but I got home before it turned.

Then, because the chicks get out of the bag bottom, I took the turner out, and unplugged the turner cord. Turned the Easter Eggs when I could, and hoped that the opening of the incubator wouldn't mess up anything... I told my mom "Please don't do that again"(leave eggs under a hen before I am ready).
Right now the weather is uncooperative and I can't put the broodies out in their coops. I wanted to give the chicks a chance to get more feathered and stronger. Also have some rejected chicks I have to raise in a brooder.

Is this the Cream Legbars you are talking about? I love their jaunty topknot crest - so cute. They are on my short list for chicks this year.

https://www.chickdays.ca/product/3562609
Those are them. :) When I went to the feed store they were sold out in about 7 minutes, I think it was about 25 chicks. 4 went with me.
They are great birds, inquisitive.

Back
Top Bottom