15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Pics
Sounds stressful! But sounds like it’s all working out now 💕

Any baby pics?
Here is the best one of them all together, I routinely get pecked/attacked by Momma when I switch out dirty newspaper. Moms: four chicks Belgian d'Anver, two are Isbar/Seabright, and two are 1/2 Dutch. Daddy of all these is bantam: gold laced Cochin/d'Uccle/Dutch. Really interested to see what feather patterns turn up. Edit: Nutmeg is their daddy's momma ( she is the d'Uccle Dutch), so she's raising her grand chicks. :)
---
The little one to the upper right is from CAL ranch, the only one of four that survived. I got four in order to try and save one (buy 3 get 1 free, and they had d'Uccles and Blue Old English). The one I was trying to save died, another died that I thought would be OK when I got it ( the Blue Old English), then I found my d'Uccle dead the next day. :hit Pipsqueak peeps a lot, so I am glad Nutmeg accepted it (I think it is a Crele Old English rooster).

Attachments

• IMG_1626.JPG
    IMG_1626.JPG
    722.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Here’s my clutch!
6 purebred/pure color buff Brahma bantams
View attachment 3780964

3 recessive lavender OEGB
View attachment 3780962

2 recessive mottled+lavender OEGBView attachment 3780960

3 recessive gold light Brahma bantam boys
View attachment 3780963

1 purebred/pure color white black tailed Japanese View attachment 3780965

1 red ply silkie
View attachment 3780961

1 purebred/pure color fawn OEGBView attachment 3780958

2 recessive lavender Millie Fleurs
View attachment 3780957

6 Brown Red JapaneseView attachment 3780959

And I’ve got two more Brahma eggs in the bator still. I’m not sure they’re gonna hatch. They’re both still alive but they look under developed for it being day 22. I had several die after they enteraly piped or who where close to it.
!!! Those are adorable! Lavender Mille fleur, I've never heard of them, but I must look them up now. Your fawn OEGB looks a lot like one I'd picked up from CAL ranch. I researched the two hatcheries the stores around here get them from and thought it'd be a male Crele OEGB, but I wonder if it is fawn instead. Hmm.
I hope the other babies make it!

!!! Those are adorable! Lavender Mille fleur, I've never heard of them, but I must look them up now. Your fawn OEGB looks a lot like one I'd picked up from CAL ranch. I researched the two hatcheries the stores around here get them from and thought it'd be a male Crele OEGB, but I wonder if it is fawn instead. Hmm.
I hope the other babies make it!
The recessive lavender millie fleur will feather out like regular millie fleur, but when bred back to my porcelain roo will produce prcelain chicks. that would be pretty though.. A lavender millie fleur...
Could u share a pic of your baby?

Officially in lockdown with my remaining 12 silkie eggs! Candled today and they’re all going strong, dancing around lol

I also realized today that I had a 100% fertility rate for this coop in this hatch (which is also my first test hatch for this group). So excited to see what hatches out. I’m hoping for paint but I have a feeling my white girl is recessive, so many of these 12 could come out any colour. Time will tell!

Back
Top Bottom