15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Pics
Would an infrared camera let you check? I know I saw a thread about checking chicken eggs that way.

I admit even if it works it’s not exactly cost effective compared to just popping the eggs in and waiting…

Sometimes the need to know is just too strong. Curiosity killed the cat, I guess. Or said cat's bank account

I'll say absolutely for now, lol. I'm getting 6 Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Marans eggs, and 6 Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucana eggs by hopefully the beginning of March :fl
:wee Awesome!

It's worse because you can't candle them, of course! Never know if they're alive or not until a month in at least - sometimes not even until they hatch.
I am not sure I could handle that. I'm too nosy.

Flock is picking up on egg laying, just have to get my mom to keep each pens eggs separated. My Silverudd's Blue roo is in the one pen, any pullets from him will make green or olive eggs depending on momma (hopefully I don't get as many roos as last year). It would be interesting to get some Polish x SBs.

I think I will do another hatch later in the season when it is warmer and I can keep certain hens in a different pen (it's a summer pen).
:fl Hopefully they keep laying well.

I don't think that I will make it. I will say maybe right now. I am getting some shipped eggs but as of now I believe they aren't going to ship until March 11th so hopefully I will have them the 12th since they are in the same state. Some of the breeds I am getting she doesn't have a ton of hens and has some orders before me, but maybe if I am lucky she will get a few extra eggs the week before and can ship them earlier. :) I am SOOOOOO excited though! I am getting Lavender Ameraucana, Salmon Faverolles (but breed quality with major fluffy cheeks!), her own breed she made that she calls chocolate emerald (a chocolate Wyandotte/Lavender Ameraucana cross that is auto sexing the first generation and will lay blue/green eggs!). and the BEST one of all Lemon Owlbeards!!!!!!!!

I don't think that I will make it. I will say maybe right now. I am getting some shipped eggs but as of now I believe they aren't going to ship until March 11th so hopefully I will have them the 12th since they are in the same state. Some of the breeds I am getting she doesn't have a ton of hens and has some orders before me, but maybe if I am lucky she will get a few extra eggs the week before and can ship them earlier. :) I am SOOOOOO excited though! I am getting Lavender Ameraucana, Salmon Faverolles (but breed quality with major fluffy cheeks!), her own breed she made that she calls chocolate emerald (a chocolate Wyandotte/Lavender Ameraucana cross that is auto sexing the first generation and will lay blue/green eggs!). and the BEST one of all Lemon Owlbeards!!!!!!!!
I can't wait to see these little boogers🥰

Back
Top Bottom