14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you..I used the first link and put a safety hole then decided to open the air cell..the chick was very dry and has been dead for at least a few days. Eye sockets but no eyes and yolk almost all absorbed except for a small amount that didn’t smell too good…sorry if this tmi but at least I didn’t post a picture. So I guess the chirp I thought I heard was option 1 or 2 or maybe I heard one of my chicks or a bird from outside lol
Awww, I am sorry to hear it wasn't alive. *HUGS* No, it's not TMI for me, I'm glad you found out and let me know.
I did a couple eggtopsies myself this hatch, I didn't open the one too much once I saw it wasn't alive ( had lots of yolk yet), but the one that had developed to almost hatching I did. It was something I wouldn't have been able to help, malpositioned for hatch, the head between the legs not under the wing. I did get a photo of that one more for educational purposes.

So all 52 are alive. They all mix breed i just sort them by coulor for fun ☺️

Attachments

• IMG_20230415_010348.jpg
    IMG_20230415_010348.jpg
    501 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20230415_010715.jpg
    IMG_20230415_010715.jpg
    460.5 KB · Views: 2
Awww, I am sorry to hear it wasn't alive. *HUGS* No, it's not TMI for me, I'm glad you found out and let me know.
I did a couple eggtopsies myself this hatch, I didn't open the one too much once I saw it wasn't alive ( had lots of yolk yet), but the one that had developed to almost hatching I did. It was something I wouldn't have been able to help, malpositioned for hatch, the head between the legs not under the wing. I did get a photo of that one more for educational purposes.
I have had to get 5 babbies out of egg..i just knew it was time they were not even internaly piped.. so i open half of the egg and saw a lot yolk so i coverd them first in plastic bag that Will keep moist and temperature then i cover them in paper napkin and put them back in incubator like babbies..ater 10-12 hours they absporbed yolk and get themself out of "egg" i made ☺️ so this time i got 52/52 💯 % hatch rate. So i think assisted hatch is great if you know what to do and how to do it 😎

Attachments

• IMG-20230413-WA0017.jpeg
    IMG-20230413-WA0017.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_2023-04-14-13-13-59-878_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-14-13-13-59-878_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 2
I have had to get 5 babbies out of egg..i just knew it was time they were not even internaly piped.. so i open half of the egg and saw a lot yolk so i coverd them first in plastic bag that Will keep moist and temperature then i cover them in paper napkin and put them back in incubator like babbies..ater 10-12 hours they absporbed yolk and get themself out of "egg" i made ☺️ so this time i got 52/52 💯 % hatch rate. So i think assisted hatch is great if you know what to do and how to do it 😎
Am I the only one who thinks swaddled chicks look absolutely adorable?!? And what a novel concept! I am going to have to try this if I need to.

Unfortunately, Croatia and Canada aren't exactly neighbours :( But that is very sweet of you!
I go sleep here is like reallly late, thanks God i dont Work tommorow 🤣🤣🤣 i was watching chiks like 5 last hours 😎
This survivor is my favourite.. mix of maline and Wyandote. I think i gonna name her Milagros if she will be hen

Attachments

• IMG_20230415_034049.jpg
    IMG_20230415_034049.jpg
    548.4 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom