🐇The Bunny Barn🐇

So a squirrel pattern is when a rabbit has a white undercoat?

I have rabbits!
A squirrel is a specific color with blue on the tips and a white undercoat. Lots of my rabbits have white undercoats.
There's different types of color, like self and shading, they have different undercoat colors and overall markings.

Yeah, NZs right? Would you want to post pics?
No, but I’m thinking about getting them. Would you mind telling me what to look out for, and what they are like? My friend has a bunny.
Would you rescue? Do you like certain sizes or breeds? Would you want a baby or a breeder? There are lots of breeds and they all have different purposes, so they can be VERY different.

Last edited:
Ayo! More pics.
20211226_111714.jpg
20211226_111719.jpg

In these two pics you'll notice
  1. Lil Etta on top, very tiny
  2. Etta is a different color
  3. It's almost lunch time and I'm still wearing pajama pants:caf
So I'll share my fear real quick.
Peeves and Pepita are both True Dwarves, this means they carry one dwarf gene and one non-dwarf gene, and when bred they produce 25% BUD/BUB, 25% Peanuts, and 50% TD.
A peanut is a rabbit who inherits two dwarf genes, the double dwarf gene is fatal and the kits never live. I've had two, two out of a litter of five. One was still born and the other one made it to a few weeks old.
Etta is tiny, tiny like my first peanut. My little Poinsettia is also very cute and spunky. So I'm hoping and praying that the sized difference is because Prancer and Partridge are BUDs, Big Ugly Does that didn't inherit a dwarf gene.

Last edited:
Here's the Havana babies, only two out of the six. All six are the same size though. They will open their eyes soon.
20211226_181818.jpg

I can only tell the chocolate apart from the rest.
The Havana rabbits are named after Asian foods, would y'all have suggestions for a name? We can only name the chocolate right now and I don't know what the gender is.

Here's the Havana babies, only two out of the six. All six are the same size though. They will open their eyes soon.
View attachment 2941626
The Havana rabbits are named after Asian foods, would y'all have suggestions for a name? We can only name the chocolate right now and I don't know what the gender is.
Mine too. I have 2 identical. Ones so I can’t really name them yet

View attachment 2941626
Wonton!

Back
Top Bottom