Think we have Jumbo pekins.....

Magicalducklingmom

In the Brooder
May 14, 2022
Our ducks were saved from a hatching experiment at school and instead of sending them back my teacher best friend and I adopted them. They are almost 8 weeks old, fully grown and are absolutely massive! Also we cannot tell whether we have 2 males and 1 female or the other way around! 1 has an orange beak and the other 2 don't, but the one with the orange beak has a massive honk whilst the other 2 are quieter. Also what happens if I have 2 males and 1 female? Google is not my friend. I've read some scary things about Jumbo pekins and also about having more than 1 male. I want to do right by them, they're our babies. I can't post pics in here as I can't work out how lol.

Oooh I managed it!

Attachments

• IMG-20220514-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20220514-WA0008.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 13
Our ducks were saved from a hatching experiment at school and instead of sending them back my teacher best friend and I adopted them. They are almost 8 weeks old, fully grown and are absolutely massive! Also we cannot tell whether we have 2 males and 1 female or the other way around! 1 has an orange beak and the other 2 don't, but the one with the orange beak has a massive honk whilst the other 2 are quieter. Also what happens if I have 2 males and 1 female? Google is not my friend. I've read some scary things about Jumbo pekins and also about having more than 1 male. I want to do right by them, they're our babies. I can't post pics in here as I can't work out how lol.
In my two years of experience, I have found that Pekins are jumbo (duck wise) no matter where they are. Also, I understand your concerns re: two males & one female. We have ducks at the pond & the male comes to the house to jump on our Pekin/Mallard female. He has three females at the pond. The male ducks get very aggressive w/the females.
That bothers me. They grab hold of the females head w/their beak & the female shreiks.
I have the same situation w/our pictures!!! Best of luck to you & may you have 2 females & 1 male! I'll keep a good thought for you.

Back
Top Bottom