Think we have Jumbo pekins.....

Magicalducklingmom

In the Brooder
May 14, 2022
Our ducks were saved from a hatching experiment at school and instead of sending them back my teacher best friend and I adopted them. They are almost 8 weeks old, fully grown and are absolutely massive! Also we cannot tell whether we have 2 males and 1 female or the other way around! 1 has an orange beak and the other 2 don't, but the one with the orange beak has a massive honk whilst the other 2 are quieter. Also what happens if I have 2 males and 1 female? Google is not my friend. I've read some scary things about Jumbo pekins and also about having more than 1 male. I want to do right by them, they're our babies. I can't post pics in here as I can't work out how lol.

Oooh I managed it!

Attachments

• IMG-20220514-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20220514-WA0008.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 13
Our ducks were saved from a hatching experiment at school and instead of sending them back my teacher best friend and I adopted them. They are almost 8 weeks old, fully grown and are absolutely massive! Also we cannot tell whether we have 2 males and 1 female or the other way around! 1 has an orange beak and the other 2 don't, but the one with the orange beak has a massive honk whilst the other 2 are quieter. Also what happens if I have 2 males and 1 female? Google is not my friend. I've read some scary things about Jumbo pekins and also about having more than 1 male. I want to do right by them, they're our babies. I can't post pics in here as I can't work out how lol.
In my two years of experience, I have found that Pekins are jumbo (duck wise) no matter where they are. Also, I understand your concerns re: two males & one female. We have ducks at the pond & the male comes to the house to jump on our Pekin/Mallard female. He has three females at the pond. The male ducks get very aggressive w/the females.
That bothers me. They grab hold of the females head w/their beak & the female shreiks.
I have the same situation w/our pictures!!! Best of luck to you & may you have 2 females & 1 male! I'll keep a good thought for you.

By 8 weeks you should know by the voice. Girls will have a loud honk and boys will have a wasp like grunt
If you do have 2 males and one female they can’t be left together
So either sell her off as females can find homes really easy or
Add more females to keep the boys happy

Back
Top Bottom