The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Look! Veins! And possibly on another one but it only day 2 ish.
20240507_163014.jpg

The NR 360 managed to hatch an egg from a turkey hen I've been trying to hatch from since March. I've set dozens of her eggs and not one has hatched until now. I had her mated to her brother so that is likely why, or perhaps a lethal gene? I gave the hen away to a friend a few weeks ago. But here is my solo NR 360 poult. I had several others hatch in the Genesis today also. I like having multiple hatchers to keep varieties separated.

20240507_230842.jpg

Candled all the eggs, about half of the Barnevelder eggs appear to be progressing, only 3 or 4 of the wyandotte eggs seem to be coming along.
Oddly, the Barnevelders look about day 4/5 and the wyandotte look day 2/3. I wonder what's up with that.
View attachment 3825090
I've noticed that the veining looks a little better early on in some than others. As long as you're see veining and continued growth that's a positive sign. I'm sorry only a few of your Wyandotte eggs are developing. They must have had a rough ride, or they were simply infertile.

I would take pics, but I candle with a small but strong LED flashlight so I can't hold the egg and flashlight and take a picture at the same time. Lol

Are the Wyandotte eggs larger than the Barnevelder eggs? Sometimes that little bit of extra time it takes for warmth to penetrate an egg due to its larger size is enough to make a noticeable difference in development early on. And I agree, some just are prone to developing faster than others in my experience as well.

Definitely don't give up on those clears just yet if you're only on day 3, by the way! You might have a few more slowpokes in there!

I've noticed that the veining looks a little better early on in some than others. As long as you're see veining and continued growth that's a positive sign. I'm sorry only a few of your Wyandotte eggs are developing. They must have had a rough ride, or they were simply infertile.

I would take pics, but I candle with a small but strong LED flashlight so I can't hold the egg and flashlight and take a picture at the same time. Lol
The wyandotte eggs were my reason for incubation, the Barnevelders were just a 'just because" but I'm not disappointed either way, it's still early.
Are the Wyandotte eggs larger than the Barnevelder eggs? Sometimes that little bit of extra time it takes for warmth to penetrate an egg due to its larger size is enough to make a noticeable difference in development early on. And I agree, some just are prone to developing faster than others in my experience as well.

Definitely don't give up on those clears just yet if you're only on day 3, by the way! You might have a few more slowpokes in there!
The wyandotte eggs are large/extra large and the Barnevelder eggs are medium or smaller, so that could be it!
Both breeds were packed well.

Back
Top Bottom