The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

I apologize, but can't find a simple answer thru searching. If someone has bee following all this, my question:

Have people been generally happy with the Maticoopx incubators, or are they proving unreliable?
Can you remove the egg turner just before hatching?

My old styrofoam Hovabator isn't bad, but really only performs well in summer, when a good stable temp system has settled in.

Last edited:
I apologize, but can't find a simple answer thru searching. If someone has bee following all this, my question:

Have people been generally happy with the Maticoopx incubators, or are they proving unreliable?

My old styrofoam Hovabator isn't bad, but really only performs well in summer, when a good stable temp system has settled in.
I'm a huge fan of the Hovabators. Have been for many many years.
I started trying out different newer incubators. I got a Maticoopx and have used it for 4 hatches I believe. I've used other brands that I've also had good luck with but as of right now if I could only pick one to use the rest of my life it would be the Maticoopx.
I have zero complaints about it and have had near perfect hatches with it.

Can you remove the egg turner just before hatching?

And yes you can remove the turner.
It's the 5 trays and an arm that connects the trays to the turner motor. The arm just sets in place as does the trays so you just pull the arm out then the trays. Easy peasy

And yes you can remove the turner.
It's the 5 trays and an arm that connects the trays to the turner motor. The arm just sets in place as does the trays so you just pull the arm out then the trays. Easy peasy
Yep, I found a Youtube "unboxing" type video. That guy really likes it.

I'm hoping the thermostat feature of the Maticoopx will help me out.

If its June, July, etc the temp in the house will always be right around 76.
April-early May? It could go from 65-80 inside over a few days with the weather in Oklahoma. So, I'd have to make adjustments, etc. I think that was my issue this time.

Yep, I found a Youtube "unboxing" type video. That guy really likes it.

I'm hoping the thermostat feature of the Maticoopx will help me out.

If its June, July, etc the temp in the house will always be right around 76.
April-early May? It could go from 65-80 inside over a few days with the weather in Oklahoma. So, I'd have to make adjustments, etc. I think that was my issue this time.
I've had no issues with the temperature, and I live in a trailer in Ontario, Canada. I incubated in March with no issues, and it was cold in here!

I've had no issues with the temperature, and I live in a trailer in Ontario, Canada. I incubated in March with no issues, and it was cold in here!
Is that with the Maticoopx? (i hope)

I'm no great incubator operator for sure. Had this Hovabator about 12 years, I think. I'll operate everything just the same, but spring hatches never match the summer hatches for me.

I've wondered if it could be collecting egg temps, humidity, etc. One thing is for sure; in spring here Everything is a roller-coaster. Cold-Hot; dry-wet.
Summer: Everyday the same hot, dry. Way easier for me to keep the old styrofoam box regulated.

The big bonus in summer is I can almost quickly move chicks to the garage where the temp is 85-95 all the time. May put on a 60w bulb at night, etc.

Is that with the Maticoopx? (i hope)

I'm no great incubator operator for sure. Had this Hovabator about 12 years, I think. I'll operate everything just the same, but spring hatches never match the summer hatches for me.

I've wondered if it could be collecting egg temps, humidity, etc. One thing is for sure; in spring here Everything is a roller-coaster. Cold-Hot; dry-wet.
Summer: Everyday the same hot, dry. Way easier for me to keep the old styrofoam box regulated.

The big bonus in summer is I can almost quickly move chicks to the garage where the temp is 85-95 all the time. May put on a 60w bulb at night, etc.
Yes, with the Maticoopx. I still double check the temperature with another thermometer or two though, just to make sure.

Sale on a mini maticoopx knock off.

Screenshot_20240521-090024_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom