Sexing Polish Chick

Lil' lady Corn just turned 3 months on the 27th! At this point I'm just posting to show her general growth haha. She recently had a respiratory infection but with some medicine and a little extra love she's recovered nicely!

Attachments

• IMG_20201030_125649.jpg
    IMG_20201030_125649.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20201030_125030.jpg
    IMG_20201030_125030.jpg
    922.9 KB · Views: 28
Congratulations! Are you sure this is her egg? Polish lay white eggs maybe a light cream color. Also don’t usually start laying until five months.
One of my little Polish just started laying as well, very very tiny white egg I call it a starter egg and hopefully will get bigger in time!🥰

Congratulations! Are you sure this is her egg? Polish lay white eggs maybe a light cream color. Also don’t usually start laying until five months.
One of my little Polish just started laying as well, very very tiny white egg I call it a starter egg and hopefully will get bigger in time!🥰
Yes, she is five months. The discoloration might be because she's hatchery stock? I've gotten 3 consistent little pale eggs; my other chickens lay considerably bigger and darker eggs, even their "small" eggs are bigger than these haha

I came here to comment on the egg color too, ours lay very white eggs! She is adorable, do you trim her crest or does it just lay that way? My poor gal can’t see a thing unless I trim her up!
That's how it naturally is. When they free range I'll put it up in a lil' pony tail so she can see better haha

Attachments

• IMG_20201222_084036.jpg
    IMG_20201222_084036.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 26
Ah, how embarrassing, I've been proven a fool today haha. Turns out the egg actually belongs to one of my Buff Orpingtons, Fettuccine. Just watched her lay the egg, a month before I excepted her to start!

Attachments

• IMG_20201229_140644.jpg
    IMG_20201229_140644.jpg
    587.8 KB · Views: 23
Ah, how embarrassing, I've been proven a fool today haha. Turns out the egg actually belongs to one of my Buff Orpingtons, Fettuccine. Just watched her lay the egg, a month before I excepted her to start!
Happens to all of us! When my leghorn cross laid her first egg, I was CONVINCED it was from one of my silkies, it was so small but color was right. 🥰
Congrats on Fettuccine's first egg!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom