Noir Marans, one looks different?

IvyBeans

Songster
May 22, 2023
Seattle suburbs
I got 4 new chicks in the mail from Mt Healthy today. 2 EE and 2 Noir Marans. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to tell the Marans apart, but one is so much more solid black than the other. It has some light on its belly, but its beak and feet are very black, unlike the other one. I haven’t seen any other Marans chicks that look quite like her. Has anyone had one? They’re the sweetest chicks. All 4 of mine are this year.

I almost didn’t order from Mt Healthy again because last year the EE were very flighty and bossy and huge, one turned out to be a cockerel and removing him chilled his sister out a bit, but she’s still bossy. Lays beautiful eggs every day though. My new EE are super sweet and docile. I’m hoping these EE have muffs and beards.

Attachments

• IMG_6738.jpeg
    IMG_6738.jpeg
    460.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6752.jpeg
    IMG_6752.jpeg
    302.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6731.jpeg
    IMG_6731.jpeg
    625.5 KB · Views: 8
So precious! Does Mt Healthy charge a fee for small orders?
Yes, $30, but I felt like it was worth it because I can only have a small flock and I wanted exactly what I wanted and didn’t want to have to drive around hoping tractor supply wasn’t sold out or they wouldn’t be there the same week. I like mt healthy because they will let you get just one of each breed if you want. Both years, they sent me an extra chick. I only ordered 3 this year, I hoped they’d send an extra and they did.

Yes, $30, but I felt like it was worth it because I can only have a small flock and I wanted exactly what I wanted and didn’t want to have to drive around hoping tractor supply wasn’t sold out or they wouldn’t be there the same week. I like mt healthy because they will let you get just one of each breed if you want. Both years, they sent me an extra chick. I only ordered 3 this year, I hoped they’d send an extra and they did.
Thanks.

My biggest issue in the last day is one of the Noir Marans has white wing tips all the other chicks are a little too interested in and peck and bite at her wing tips. Not sure what to do. Sharpie? 😂

Back
Top Bottom