This is DIY door is awesome. Anyone convert the power source to a battery?

Thank you! :D I don’t know if anyone here has tried that method yet, but I have had a few others on my FB chicken groups try the battery//solar supply method and all indicated it worked out great because they already had or were planning a solar-light set up too.

This is DIY door is awesome. Anyone convert the power source to a battery?

Hey! I have all the pieces and attempted the install today. However, I can't seem to get the actuator to move when routed through the timer/relay. When the timer hits the program set, it clicks on and I can hear it going through the relay but nothing happens with the actuator. I'm going to triple check the wiring tomorrow. Any ideas on what I did wrong?

Hey! I have all the pieces and attempted the install today. However, I can't seem to get the actuator to move when routed through the timer/relay. When the timer hits the program set, it clicks on and I can hear it going through the relay but nothing happens with the actuator. I'm going to triple check the wiring tomorrow. Any ideas on what I did wrong?

Dang! Have you tried connecting the power source (DC supply+adapter or battery) straight to the linear actuator by any chance? I would try this juuuuust to make sure the linear actuator is working appropriately. Switch the polarities back and forth to extend/retract.

I can hear a slight “buzz” go through mine too. Are you testing it with Manual ON/OFF timer setting? If the wiring looks good and the linear works, let me know! May be the timer setting...

Also, what power supply are you using? The DC or Battery/Solar?

F016F7ED-A1A0-4C77-9462-CC0A3CFE55BB.jpeg

Thanks for the quick reply!

I am using the battery/solar.

I am able to get the actuator to go up and down by switching polarization. Direct wire to the battery.

I am also able to get the timer to work when programmed to have the actuator go one way (close). I can’t seem to have the timer switch polar to have the actuator then operate in reverse (open).

Does that all make sense? Haha

Also, when I do “manual” on the timer. I can only get it to perform in one direction, “close”.

In order to “open”, i have to switch the wires at the battery

Also, when I do “manual” on the timer. I can only get it to perform in one direction, “close”.

In order to “open”, i have to switch the wires at the battery

It might definitely be wiring with the DPDT relay OR timer. Im sure you’ve already triple checked the wiring though.

When MANUAL and the actuator closes, is it on Manual OFF or Manual ON?

Sigh...and BIG slice of humble pie.

The problem was that I had installed the wires on the opposite ends of the relay.

Looking at the relay without removing the socket I believed I had the ends correctly identified. I removed the socket and realized I had them flipped.

Everything works perfectly!

I am very happy and appreciative of the support. Diagram showed everything correctly.

Back
Top Bottom