Help! Duck hatching!

meganhart2

Hatching
Mar 26, 2024
Duck is breathing but membrane is broken and was bleeding. Tried to help it break free but popped a vein. Still in incubator.

Duck is breathing but membrane is broken and was bleeding. Tried to help it break free but popped a vein. Still in incubator.
Ducklings take a long time to hatch don't step in to early or what happened can happen and worse.
@New duck mommy 2021

I have 10 duck eggs in the incubator. It is now day 25, I raised the humidity and stopped the turning. How many more days should I watch? This is my first time doing ducks.

I have 10 duck eggs in the incubator. It is now day 25, I raised the humidity and stopped the turning. How many more days should I watch? This is my first time doing ducks.
Duck eggs usually hatch on day 28 but after they pip it can be up to 3 days after the first pip till they hatch so it Is all about patience
If you are getting nervous then you can candle the eggs and look for movement if you see movement leave them be
Good luck

Thank you for your reply, Blue. I just candled the eggs. They are completely dark. In the past I could see the veins but now it appears the whole egg is dark and I cannot see anything anymore. Perhaps the baby duck has filled the egg completely. They seem heavier as well.
So, I will just be patient. Nature knows best.

Back
Top Bottom