Chickens can’t grow new eyes right?

BizzyB

Chirping
May 23, 2020
My chicken was attacked by a dog causing a wound on her eye which was then made worse by her flock mates pecking at it. It’s been a few months, it happened in August of last year if I remember correctly, and I just picked her up after her flock mates went after her and I saw an eye where there shouldn’t be one? Her eye wound was infected and my mom pulled out a wad of pus that we thought was the dead eye but there is an eye in the socket? First photo is her normal eye, the uninjured one. C55085D8-9019-4622-8CA8-1A3A5098058A.jpeg

Next pictures are the eye? the injured one 39E2A685-076A-4E0E-A5CE-D58E59FFA6FE.jpeg 77821372-DB3E-4005-B7ED-61B3AD12B768.jpeg

My chicken was attacked by a dog causing a wound on her eye which was then made worse by her flock mates pecking at it. It’s been a few months, it happened in August of last year if I remember correctly, and I just picked her up after her flock mates went after her and I saw an eye where there shouldn’t be one? Her eye wound was infected and my mom pulled out a wad of pus that we thought was the dead eye but there is an eye in the socket? First photo is her normal eye, the uninjured one.View attachment 2987866

Next pictures are the eye? the injured oneView attachment 2987867View attachment 2987868
I just came to find this exact thing. I know my chickens eye was gone. Her injury happened a year ago and she had nothing but a socket, no eye present for a year. Last night I checked on them before bed and the skin around the eye was a little puffy but she has both eyes again.

Back
Top Bottom