Chick eggs tapping and chirping!

Lemon12

In the Brooder
May 12, 2024
Hello, this is my first time incubating eggs, though I have owned chickens for a few years now. I currently have 5 eggs in incubation, 3 of which are Maran and 2 Legbar. Originally I had 7, though 2 died early on, determined by candelling on day 12. The 5 in the incubator are on day 20 now, and I can hear tapping sounds and occasionally chirping from inside the eggs. Does this mean they will hatch soon? Do I need to do anything at this point? What will happen next?
Thank you!! x

Watch and enjoy. Cheer with them. Take lots of pictures.

First, they put a hole into the air sac. If you hear chirping, this has already happened for at least one.

Next a tiny crack or bump will show up, probably near the edge of the air sac. This is the external pip. From here it can be more that 24 hours before the chick hatches, so now you exercise Patience.

First, they put a hole into the air sac. If you hear chirping, this has already happened for at least one.

Next a tiny crack or bump will show up, probably near the edge of the air sac. This is the external pip. From here it can be more that 24 hours before the chick hatches, so now you exercise Patience.
Thank you!! Just got the first pip on one of the maran eggs, and one of the legbar eggs yet to pop but chirping away!

Currently have 2 hatched!! Others pipping! Thank you for the advice x

Attachments

• IMG-20240513-WA0043.jpg
    IMG-20240513-WA0043.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom